Recent Topics

1 Oct 05, 2006 20:55    

I probably have an unusal request.

Where could I find information or find this already made?

What I need is a listing of all the blogs on my site, grouped by membername. For example:

User 1

• Blog A[*]Blog B[*]Blog C[/list:u]

• User 2 [list]
  • Blog A[/b][/list:u]

• Thanks!

[/b]

2 Oct 24, 2006 22:06

Doesn't anybody have any ideas for how I can accomplish this task? It's been over two weeks already, and my members are eagerly awaiting the release of this fine blogging software!

Thank you!!

3 Oct 25, 2006 00:16

Generally speaking if no one answers it's because no one has an answer for you, but often if you bump a thread you might prod someone into trying to offer some help. I think both statements are true in this case.

So as far as I know it's never been asked for or done before. I think it would make for a groovy feature in a multiuser environment though. OTOH if you had 100 members who each had permission to post in 10 of 100 blogs it'd be pretty danged long!

Okay so check it out. Are you good with code? The only place I know of where member permissions are checked to generate a blog list is the back office on the write tab. If you can follow the logic to how that gets generated you'll have a good idea of how to do a similar thing in your public interface. If you try this be careful that the code you put out front doesn't assume the viewer is logged in - something the back office ALWAYS knows to be true.

If you want to try it using new code here is how I would go about it, not that I know anything about making good code: First pull a list of user names from the database, and sort them by whatever method you like. Next for each member get a list of blogs they have permission to post in and output that list as links to each blog. In that bit is where you would want to filter out some blogs like blog #1 or perhaps a common blog everyone gets to post in.

Sorry for not having a working example, but it is a very unique request. Hopefully you or someone else will be motivated to create a new skin-tag plugin for this feature.

Form is loading...