Recent Topics

1 Oct 05, 2006 16:36    

We just upgraded to 1.8.2 and in the Stats Summary, there's a new thingee . . . Blacklisted.

We are showing an ungawdly amount of hits under that column . . . but I can't find out what it means. The docs on the summary refer to older versions and don't reference this.

On my personal baby blog, it is showing ONLY blacklisted hits for today, but I know I've viewed the blog along with at least two other folks.

So, what's going on?? :)

Thank you,

Beth

2 Oct 05, 2006 18:41

Searching the forums for "blacklist stats" would have revealed that it is simply a poorly named field for "visits from your own blog to your own blog". In other words, the hits that are called 'blacklisted' are really people driving around inside your blog. You are NOT blacklisted - it's just that your hits don't count as referer hits even though (technically speaking) a page in your blog was the 'referer' to another page in your blog.

3 Oct 05, 2006 18:47

Thank you! I had sorta suspected (and hoped) that that is what it was. (I did search, but for "blacklisted" and it didn't pull that up. :( )

4 Jan 21, 2007 21:46

Didn't want to start a new topic as this one kinda deals with my query. So if someone is browsing my blog going to a new page or article will show up as a blacklisted hit?

My other question regards the Centralized Blacklist. Are people that visit from corresponding places kept from even visiting or can they just not make comments and their hits show up in the Blacklisted stat as well. Wondering as the Blacklisted hits usually dwarf the normal hits by a fair margin.

5 Jan 21, 2007 22:34

Correct on the first item.

The second is a bit different. If someone comes from a site that matches something in the antispam blacklist they'll get a page saying (basically) "stop spam", but it will include a link for the person to bypass the message. Comments are different. If someone tries to leave a comment with something that's in the blacklist they'll get a page saying "invalid comment".

I'm not sure where the hit from a visitor who bypasses the "stop spam" message shows up. I would guess "direct" but it could be "blacklist". "blacklist" hits are people who are driving around inside your web, so someone first gets recorded as a referer or maybe a direct, then everything they look at in your web is a "blacklist".

6 Jan 21, 2007 22:37

Cool. Thanks for the clarification.

Form is loading...