Recent Topics

1 Oct 12, 2006 15:18    

Hi,

I work in the marketing department for a small company. We are planning on implementing a blogging solution on our website. We will have multiple blogs with multiple people posting. The challenge is that we need to review all content to ensure that it meets corporate standards. In an ideal world, users would only be able to post drafts and we would use workflow to notify a moderator when a draft was posted and the moderator could review and then publish. Is this doable with b2evolution? It is unclear if we can force every new post into workflow.

The other option, I am thinking about is setting up a third staging blog which is not public and is where users post. The moderator could review the staging blog and then cross post approved posts from the staging blog to the production blog. The only issue I see here is that the post on the public blog should always be from the same author even though someone else may have written the comment. It is not clear if you can change an author when cross posting to another blog. Is this doable?

Would either of these approaches work with b2e?

TIA for any thoughts.

JL

2 Oct 12, 2006 21:18

I think this is very doable. You can already define which types of post status a user group can use, so it would be easy to have one group only be able to post drafts. The your admins could go to the Posts tab and use the filters on the right side to list only posts with a Draft status. If they approve the post, they could just click Publish Now. This would be the nicest method, IMO. It doesn't require any code editing and after the post is published, it drops out of the list (no extra steps).

If you really want to use the workflow system, I think we could make a plugin that automatically assigns the post to a user as a workflow when the post is posted by a member of the limited user group. Do you just want to have one moderator? Or one moderator per blog?

3 Oct 13, 2006 03:25

I would be okay with one super moderator for all of the blogs. One would imagine that this would be admin user who already has global privileges anyway.

4 Oct 13, 2006 04:20

You can think about allowing all bloggers to post drafts and protected, with the condition being that a protected post is ready for admin approval. This way all bloggers could see everyone's work in progress (drafts) and potentially head off any undesirable issues before they reach protected status. Your admin (the individual or the group) then filters to protected posts and either uses 'publish now' or simply edits the status.

Form is loading...