Recent Topics

1 Oct 22, 2006 15:34    

Hey all, I am running b2evo 1.8.1-rc and would like to allow small video uploads by users to their blogs. I have changed my php/apache maximum uploads to allow an over 30MB mysql database upload through phpmyadmin, and would like to change the max in b2evo to allow at least 10MB.

The only posts I can find that detail how to increase the upload size relate to within b2evo's interface (max 2MB) or to older versions of b2evo,using the conf/_admin.php file.

All of your help is very much appreciated in advance,

Sub

3 Oct 23, 2006 17:50

I understand that, but it is hard coded into b2evo that it will not accept any values higher than 2meg, a limit I have changed to 10mb on my apache/php config, but is much harder to change within b2evo.

I'm surprised noone else has run into this problem yet, and hope someone can shed some light on where this info is saved in the b2evo db/ config files????

Cheers

4 Oct 23, 2006 19:53

Have you changed this bit of conf/_advanced.php as well ?

/**
 * Admin can configure max file upload size, but he won't be able to set it higher than this "max max" value.
 */
$upload_maxmaxkb = 10048;

¥

*edit*
to correct filename

5 Oct 23, 2006 23:19

Yes, ¥åßßå is right. I have not read the original message carefully enough and also have not thought of that extra setting.

6 Oct 24, 2006 01:09

¥åßßå, you truly are a guru! Many thanks for that, I will test it now... have either yourself or blueyed found a working *hack* for integrating FCKeditor or tinymce into b2evo 1.8+ ? I want to roll b2evo out for a client that could turn into some good donations for the team but the current WYSIWYG is only geek friendly ...

I very much appreciate your 2cents on this;

thanks, Sub

7 Oct 24, 2006 01:52

¥åßßå, I have made the change in _advanced.php but it doesnt seem to have allowed me to go any higher within the 'Files' backend area... I tried entering 10000 and I got the 'Maximum allowed filesize must be between 1 and 2048 KB.' message :(

Does apache need to be restarted perhaps? Any other ideas?

Cheers

8 Oct 24, 2006 18:06

suburbia, searching for "upload_maxmaxkb" shows exactly two occurences:
The definition and where it gets used for checking the range of the admin setting:

$ find . -name '*.php' | xargs grep upload_maxmaxkb
./blogs/inc/CONTROL/files/fileset.php: $Request->param_integer_range( 'upload_maxkb', 1, $upload_maxmaxkb, T_('Maximum allowed filesize must be between %d and %d KB.') );
./blogs/conf/_advanced.php:$upload_maxmaxkb = 2048;

Are you sure you have replaced the existing setting and not put the higher value above it or something alike? I've even just tested it to be sure.

About a RTE: there's a TinyMCE plugin available here:
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/evocms-plugins/tinymce_plugin/trunk/

It's not released yet, because it uses some things that will be available only in 1.9, but in general it also works with 1.8. Give it a try. (and please keep this thread ontopic - start a new one, if needed, please; or even try searching - I've written that before.. ;))

Form is loading...