Recent Topics

1 Oct 26, 2006 20:01    

Hello, according the manual:

1. Assuming your b2evo is installed under /blogs. Here's what you would need to change:

Then is says:

chmod 777 /blogs to allow creation of blog stub files

If assuming installation is under /blogs, does this mean chmod 777 /blogs/blogs???

2. In the /blogs folder as well as in /blogs/admin there are two files called "sample.htaccess". Am I not reading this correctly?

Thanks so much.

GS

I can see the /blogs/sample.htaccess file, but there is no admin directory in my 'b2evolution-1.8.2-2006-09-20.zip'

2 Oct 27, 2006 14:39

Where is the manual page you're looking at? It's out of date. The admin folder doesn't exist any more, so you can ignore that part.

3 Dec 13, 2006 13:16

The manual is online at this page:

http://manual.b2evolution.net/Install_b2evolution

I am also confused because of the references to an "admin" folder and also because I isntalled to a blog directory and the manual says that will be the access point to the blogs, however in order to access I need to go /blog/blogs which ads a bit of hassle. Any idea welcome.

JC

4 Dec 13, 2006 14:14

CymruArgen,
You can move all of the files in /blog/blogs to /blog and delete the extra empty folder. The admin folder shouldn't be an issue. you don't need it. Just go to admin.php instead.

5 Dec 13, 2006 14:57

also you'll want to change the value of baseurl in conf/_basic_config.php to reflect moving the files up one level. So if all your files used to be in root/blog/blogs and you move them to root/blog then your _basic_config.php file needs to say that $baseurl is no longer blog/blogs/.

6 Aug 07, 2007 19:06

Hi everybody!

Outdated installation-text:
I checked the link to the installation instructions, and it has been corrected as you wrote...
But when I follow the link from the html-files (index.html, index.en-US ect. ect.), in the downloaded folder "b2evolution-1.10.2-2007-06-08" (containing the installation instruction-html's, in different languages), where the link-text says: "tricky things you may need to take care of", and links to this location: http://manual.b2evolution.net/Tricky_stuff , I see an outdated text still saying this:

"In the /blogs folder as well as in /blogs/admin there are two files called [ sample.htaccess ]. You should try renaming those to [ .htaccess ]. This will optimize the way b2evolution is handled by the Apache webserver. These files are not active by default because a few hosts would display an error right away when you try to use them. If this happens to you when you rename the files, just remove them and you'll be fine."

This needs to be corrected, either in the html-files, containing the installation-instruction, so the "tricky things you may need to take care of"-link points to the corrected install-text, or, what would be much easier, correct the text in the direction that the html-instruction-files points to.

How I found this outdated link:
When I open a html-file, with the installation-instructions, and then click on "Installing b2evolution from scratch", and then click on the link ""tricky things you may need to take care of", it is this link that point to an old, not updated, install-text. It must be pointing to the installation-instructions of an older version of b2evolution.

Besides that, the installation went smoothly, and everything seems to work fine.
Looking forward to learn more about b2evolution. Nice work guys! :D

EDIT:
I just found out, that I could correct this myself. So I did just that!
Now the sample-.htaccess-install-instructions are up-to-date, and are only telling you about 1 sample-.htaccess-file, that needs to be renamed (if possible, depending on your webhost)! Check it out yourself here: http://manual.b2evolution.net/Tricky_stuff

Respectfully, Harly.

Form is loading...