Recent Topics

1 Oct 30, 2006 09:41    

I have two blogs curently working just fine (www.gherkin-street.com). I want to add another blog that has a url for another domain I own (www.peter-enis.com.au). That is, the new blog is accessed via the new domain name only. However, I want the same back-office/admin area for both if possible.

I cannot seem to create a new blog with this as the url, it just gives me a file not found error.

Both dom,ains are hosted on the same server but I have not downloaded any files into the second directory.

Is there a simple solution or am I missing something?

2 Oct 30, 2006 14:41

The easiest way would be to make the second domain a ServerAlias (as Apache webserver calls) it from the first domain.

Then requests to both domains would go to the same file system directory.

Then you would use an absolute URL for your blogs and configure it like described in http://manual.b2evolution.net/MultipleDomains.

Note, however, that you probably will get cookie problems.. currently the $cookie_domain/$cookie_path gets determined from $baseurl and that can be only a single URL.

You probably have to "hack" the config file that sets $cookie_domain and $cookie_path and apply extra logic there, e.g.

$cookie_domain = '.'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
$cookie_path = '/';

3 Oct 30, 2006 20:46

Cheers, for that, I'll give it a shot. Really appreciate the response.

Form is loading...