Recent Topics

1 Mar 06, 2016 19:10    

I am upgrading from an earlier version that would not allow me to do a database upgrade. Therefore, I did a manual update to 5.0.9 Stable. I installed b2eveolution without any default data. I then manually imported my data from my old database. When viewing the blog, I can see the posts listed three to a page as was my old setting. However, single post URLs are returning a 404. I had in my old installation single post URLs set to use extra-path post titles. If I change this to use post IDs, then single posts display without issue. Setting it back returns the 404 errors. Did I miss a table that I need to import from my old database? What should I look for to get this working the way it did in the old installation? I am guessing that any links out on the internet pointing to single blog posts using Use extra-path: post title would return a 404 if I change the way single post URLs are handled, is this correct or can b2evolution redirect them in some manner?

2 Mar 06, 2016 22:23

Hi @kim,

Please, make sure that your .htaccess file is correctly located at the root folder of your site. There is a directive AcceptPathInfo On which is the responsible for making extra-path URL to work properly.

3 Mar 07, 2016 05:21

.htaccess in place, still not working. Could be my host. I will investigate and see what I can determine is the cause.

4 Mar 07, 2016 05:57

Was this handled differently in older versions? I did not have a .htaccess file in my old site and the extra params worked. I am going to send a ticket to my host; I am not sure they are allowing AcceptPathInfo in the .htaccess file.

5 Mar 07, 2016 17:10

No, this is not due to the AcceptPathInfo On in .htaccess. I have another blog which is using 5.0.9 and it does not have AcceptPathInfo On in the .htaccess file and it works without any issues. That blog was set up with 4.1.7 and upgraded to 5.0.9. It has to be something about this manual upgraded site that is different than the other blog site. I just don't know what.

6 Mar 08, 2016 04:53

I also have a friend's blog on the same server, running under its own installation of b2evolution 5.0.9 that does not have AcceptPathInfo in the .htaccess. These are all running on the same server with the same Apache and php 5.5. My guess is that the httpd.conf is already set to use AcceptPathInfo.

So, my problem lies somewhere else. As much as b2evolution has been in use; I would think there would be more information available. I really need to try and get this fixed because my links are broken.

7 Mar 08, 2016 05:35

Hi @kim

Would you like to provide your website url? Then I can have a try.
Now I don't know what's the reason, but you may deal with this problem temporarily by changing the URLs of this collection.(change to "Extra path on index.php" would be OK).

8 Mar 08, 2016 17:11

@haharen wrote earlier:

Hi @kim

Would you like to provide your website url? Then I can have a try.

Do you mean the admin login? I am wondering if it could be related to the rewrites.

The other sites are using a subdomain such as blog.mysite.tld and set to use absolute URL where my site I upgraded is using mysite.tld/myblog/blogs

The only reason I even bothered upgrading was that the old site ran under php 5.2 and 1and1 is forcing people off of using older versions of php.

9 Mar 09, 2016 07:05

Yes, I agree @haharen. Having an URL to your site could help us to figure out what's happening. We can keep it as Community, or just remove it from the comment if you don't want to share it publicly.

Just by curiosity, why did you was unable to make a clean upgrade instead of manually import the data?

Form is loading...