Recent Topics

1 Feb 04, 2007 03:48    

I know this is probably an idiodic question. But I am trying to set up extended posts as my default setting so that I may have a teaser and then a full article or post. Can anyone help me with this? Sorry for the lame question.

http://www.celebratehymn.org/blog

Thanks.

GL

2 Feb 04, 2007 04:31

Click !M then !NP after writing the teaser, then write the rest of whatever you want to say.

BTW nice linkback :-/

3 Dec 31, 2007 04:32

Yea, I have been trying to figure that out for hours and finally gave up and checked on the forum to find your 'dumb' question. Thanks for asking!

BTW: Is there a reason why the admin interface doesn't use newbie friendly terms like 'bold' instead of 'str' and 'image' instead of img, etc. I can figure this out because I've been around enough to know those basics but it's hard to get my non-techie family to pitch in on the blog because they feel stupid.

5 Dec 31, 2007 15:32

"unionshroomer" sounds like a well-paid stoner. What a cool concept!

I think part of the reason the titles are shortened like that is to keep the toolbar on one line. It's only a few characters, but sooner or later ONE character will be enough to force quicktags to a second line. I am working on a "second set of quicktags" toolbar and am really up against the overall length of the list, so that's why I guess this is the answer.

Is there a manual page that clearly covers this particular plugin? If so a link here would help yah? If not perhaps I'll join the wiki again and write it, though I can't promise on that one.

6 Jan 06, 2008 05:33

LOL! No, "unionshroomer" is from the former days when I was in the hicks and sticks of Eastern Oregon picking wild mushrooms on the large scale as an economic endevour. I started posting to the mushroom forums as "Picker from Union" but changed to "unionshroomer" and I have to say I've never had any trouble picking up that ID on other sites since it is always unique and available.

Thanks everybody for the help and I do agree that the plug in is awesome. I almost gave up on tables--now they are a breeze (even easier than Frontpage!)

7 Jan 10, 2008 21:38

Thanks for asking the question kenosis, I was completly lost! ;-)

I want to add on to this question....is there a way to keep it from displaying [More:] in the post when you click on "Read More!"

TIA,
celtica

9 Jan 10, 2008 22:14

Thanks John. I am using 1.10.2. An older version....my web host offered it as an install, so I figured I would try it (I had previously been using dragonfly, but didn't need quite so many "features").

Maybe I will upgrade.

Thanks again.

Form is loading...