Recent Topics

1 Mar 15, 2007 18:20    

My b2evolution Version:1.9.3
I entered the details for the database etc but the install.php page still shows no change when i click submit and it still shows the message
'Your base config file has not been edited yet.'
how do i install this
i have entered all the details correctly i have been trying to do this for the past 5 hours now and i just installed another blog using the same details and it got installed in less than 5 minutes!
please help!

3 Mar 16, 2007 10:36

EdB wrote:

http://manual.b2evolution.net/Install_b2evolution#Installing_b2evolution might help - especially step #3.

What I normally do is edit the conf/_basic_config.php file before I upload it, but maybe that's not the normal way of installing b2evolution. Anyway the manual says to change the permissions of that file so that you can edit it when you run the installer.

Never mind i fixed it
For all those who wanna know how i did it
i read the manual but it was no use
because install.pgp already had some default values for the username pass and host variables. so when i click on install it was taking those values and nothing was installing inspite of what i entered in those files on the page

So what i did was i just edited the install.php file and changed the default values that were set for the mysql username pass, host and db name to the details i have and viola it worked. Well it took me some time to find that out
This is a bug that seriously needs to be fixed

how can u set default values for the db etc details that cannot be changed on a page, its insane i was trying to install this for hours and finally i viewed the contents of the install.php and found this out.
Serious headache it was, I had almost given up.
Well all the trouble was worth it b2evolution is a great blog script, its all workin fine once its installed.

Just one question how can i install a language i have created a new language location but i cant understand how to create the language file and what to do for the encoding please help

4 Mar 16, 2007 11:13

Bad Advice! You didn't change the file permissions on the _basic_config.php file, and you edited a file you need to delete!

If you are going to edit a file before uploading the file you should edit is conf/_basic_config.php. The 7 lines that you need to edit are:

$db_config = array(
	'user'          => 'demouser',     // your MySQL username
	'password'      => 'demopass',     // ...and password
	'name'          => 'b2evolution',  // the name of the database
	'host'          => 'localhost',    // MySQL Server (typically 'localhost')
);

(snip)
$baseurl = 'http://localhost/b2evolution/blogs/';

(snip)
$admin_email = 'postmaster@localhost';

(snip)
$config_is_done = 0;

The database connection info is whatever it is for your database. Typically you won't need to change 'localhost' to anything, but for some cases you might. The $baseurl value will appear magically if you run the installer, but if you edit the proper file in advance of uploading you'll want to put in the path to your installation including the trailing slash. Your $admin_email is used in some rare cases, and I believe is also used as the initial email address for the first created user (admin).

You can, at your discretion, also change the table prefix with this line:

$tableprefix = 'evo_';

That comes in handy for people running multiple installations in one database, or, adding b2evolution to an existing database that supports some other application.

I just did a test installation of 1.9.3 using [url=http://manual.b2evolution.net/Install_b2evolution#Installing_b2evolution]the instructions in the manual[/url] and it worked without issue. I changed the permissions of the conf/_basic_config.php file to 666, ran the installer, and told it my important information. It then proceeded to install b2evolution without any difficulty at all.

Make sure you delete the install folder!!! Actually you can leave it there as long as you delete all the files in it. I tend to leave the folder in place with the phpinfo.php file, and add an empty index.html file to it, but for sure you want to get rid of everything else in that folder.

Form is loading...