Recent Topics

1 Apr 24, 2007 18:58    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Hi, I was asking myself if it is possible to use

<? include("othercontent.php"); ?>

in a posting. As I´m the only one who is posting in my blog no one would use this for the wrong reasons... but I could experiment a little bit more... B)

Does anyone have an idea?

2 Apr 25, 2007 00:52

Won't work. The content isn't PHP, so PHP won't do it's thing to your content. In other words the content is just 'stuff' that your server will process (renderers for example) and spit out as part of your page, but it isn't capable of actually telling your server to do more stuff.

3 Apr 25, 2007 04:00

A workable solution is to do a little hacking and get iframe working in the posts (you can search here... it's been solved several times ). When you do your hack be sure to add the attributes you will need for the kind of display you are seeking (for example, it's useful to be able to set frameborder to "0" and scrolling to "no," when you wish what you are "including" to appear invisibly embedded in the post). You can then code whatever you wish into a webpage hosted in another directory on your server. Then you do the <iframe> in any post "calling" that webpage, which has your desired "othercontent.php" included there (and hence now displayed in your post).

4 Apr 25, 2007 07:26

Ok, thanks both of you... I estimated after trying the php-include that iFrames will be my next solution... I´ll search for it...

Form is loading...