Recent Topics

1 Jun 08, 2007 15:09    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi Guys,

First of all thank you to Frank for his great work on this project.

I have a problem and I am blocked:

1/ I could do a number of things when I installed the version 1.9.3 (databse - password ... all that really worked fine)

2/ I did "New Install: Install b2evolution database tables with sample data."

3/ clicked Go!

4/ and this is the error I had, so basically I am blocked at the moment, I don't know what to do, please give me a hand - I have phpMyAdmin so I can have access to my sql databse and modify things there as well. I am not really technical.

Michel

-----------------------------------
Error message

Installing b2evolution tables with sample data

ble «evo_users»...
Added column evo_users.user_ID int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment
An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page

Additional information about this error:

MySQL error!
Incorrect table definition; there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key(Errno=1075)

Your query:
ALTER TABLE evo_users ADD COLUMN user_ID int(11) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment FIRST, DROP PRIMARY KEY, ADD PRIMARY KEY user_ID (user_ID)

my site
http://www.watchtheworld.net

2 Jun 08, 2007 16:22

Brand new installation? Sounds to me like you got something corrupted in one of your files. Since it's brand new it'll be not so hard to fix. Via phpmyadmin DROP all the tables in the database. From your server save your conf/_basic_config.php file then delete all the b2evolution files. Now from the downloads page grab a fresh copy of the installation package (zip file), and unzip it on your PC. Upload all the stuff in /blogs/ to your path on your server, then put the conf/_basic_config.php file that you saved back on your server. Obviously you could set it to 666 again and edit it on the fly if you want.

Hopefully that'll take care of the problem. If not someone really smart will have to figure out why the intaller can't do what it does lots of times without issue or incident.

3 Jun 11, 2007 22:56

"Altering table «evo_users»..." does not sound like it's doing a fresh install: but maybe that's a bug in the install script.
Perhaps this is a problem with the db_delta() thing at the end - and then you could ignore it probably.

Anyway, please try installing fresh, using the 1.10.x version, where some db_delta fixes may be done.

If the problem still occurs, please report what MySQL server version you are using.

Form is loading...