Recent Topics

1 Jul 23, 2007 07:56    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Pls help me fix my problem. My google search bar doesnt look right. It was before but after a few days, I just noticed that there is something wrong so I tried fixing it by moving it somewhere else and editing the size but it wont work. Pls check and help me. You can look at my site www.eezmol.com on the right sidebar. Thanks.

2 Jul 23, 2007 08:46

On your dark skin you'd better use the black logo: Logo_25blk.gif

Delete the <center> and </center> tag
Replace <br/> by </td></tr><tr><td>
Delete the nowrap="nowrap" in the first <td

This should look a lot nicer, but I cannot guarantee it is all fixed now.

3 Jul 24, 2007 15:09

Hi. I tried everything, from taking it out then putting it back. Moving it from the top, before adsense, then right after it or somewhere else, but its still the same. This wasnt like this before.

4 Jul 25, 2007 21:11

Originally your Google searchbar is horizontally oriented like on the Google search page itself. To get it in the sidebar requires a little tweaking.
I've got your code up and tidy on my private blog, so it's just a matter of finding the right trigger.

What I suggest to you is try to mimic the searchbar right above the Google one. Do this:
in:

<form method="get" action="http://www.google.com/custom" target="google_window">

add class="search" and in:

<input type="text" name="q" size="50" maxlength="255" value="" id="sbi">

add class="SearchField".
Then change size="50" to size="100" (first look without this change, then compare after you made this change.)

If this still doesn't please your eyes, try deleting all <table>, <tr> and <td>'s within the Google code and make linebreaks with <br /> instead,

Good luck.

5 Jul 25, 2007 21:31

As a free bunus gift:
In line 59 you opened a div:

<div class="bSideItem">

but you never closed it. Above that, a lot of your items, especially on the left side, are not enclosed in this div or any other div.
You'd better wrap all your items in the <div class="bSideItem"> div.

Have fun

Form is loading...