Recent Topics

1 Aug 14, 2007 14:04    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Normally new installs go like a breeze. Only difference with this one is it's on a new host.

After a sucessful install I can't log in for teh first time. No error message or anythingt. Just nothing

2 Aug 14, 2007 20:53

I've now had this problem with new installs and ports across from the old server. Everything roughly prelunch time today us oK then it's not.

If I clear cookies then I can log on. However the prob re-occurs and I have to clear cookies again

3 Aug 14, 2007 23:04

Got the message below from our host. Looks like I have soem cookie probs. Out of my depth here - coudl do with some advice

Steve,

It looks like you have PHP configured to use cookie-based sessions rather than store session information on the server, and you have the cookies configured to expire after the current session has ended (or when the browser window is closed). I'm not familiar with what you're using the cookies for in your application, but if those time parameters don't meet your application's requirements and you haven't overridden them with local values, that could be the source of your problems. Another potential issue may be the domain scope of the cookie (set to the server's hostname value by default). If you can provide some more information regarding the nature of the problems you're having, we can look into whether or not it's something we can assist you with server-side or if it is an issue that will have to be addressed in your application.

4 Aug 15, 2007 18:33

ok, not sure which file it's in ( conf/_advanced.php I think ), but there's a setting for the $cookie_path, just change it to "/"

$cookie_path = '/';

Delete all your current cookies for that domain and then try again

¥

5 Aug 15, 2007 18:58

this is from an installatiuon I can log onto fine

www.tvcm.co.uk

$cookie_path = preg_replace( '#https?://[^/]+#', '', $baseurl );

and this one I am having problems with

www.tvcm.co.uk/b2/raven

$cookie_path = preg_replace( '#https?://[^/]+#', '', $baseurl );

can you see the difference

I have looked at the content of a cookie droopped by each but can't read teh significance of teh content

6 Aug 15, 2007 19:12

ok, what's happening is that the cookies from www.tvcm.co.uk are overriding the cookies from www.tvcm.co.uk/b2/raven/ .... I'm buggered if I can think of a cure though except to move the /b2/raven/ install onto a subdomain

¥

7 Aug 15, 2007 22:48

a friend pointed out the answer

in the blogs/conf folder of each b2e instance there's a file called _advanced.php

In this file (around line 143) you will find

$instance_name = 'b2evo'; // MUST BE A SINGLE WORD! NO SPACES!! 

I've edited 'b2evo' to be another word for the instances that were not working and now they work. Wonder why I never had that prob before

8 Aug 15, 2007 23:25

I'll have to try and remember that one ;)

¥

Form is loading...