Recent Topics

1 Aug 19, 2007 10:32    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi:

We are working on a project for our site where we will centralize the user login/logout process within our site’s content management system. Additionally, we will mirror certain user-specific data collected by your application within the central database within our site’s CMS.

B2Evolution is one of the applications that will be part of the integration.

In effect, what we envision are as follows…

(1) a single user login/logout instance – within our CMS – that will effect similar logins/logouts for all integrated applications (including B2Evo);
(2) a single username/password/email, created within our CMS, that will be passed to all application databases, governing all user-based processes; and
(3) a central data store, for all user-specific data generated by all integrated applications (including B2Evo), within our CMS database;

In order for this integration project to be a success, we will need the following support and intelligence regarding B2Evo…

(1) the names of the file(s) in B2Evo that processes the login/logout processes;
(2) the names and locations of all session/cookie data that are created and maintained to manage user identification and logins/logouts;
(3) the names and locations of all database tables and rows with either a user id as primary key and/or are joinable by user id (i.e. user specific database tables and rows); and
(4) any intelligence, advice, counsel and/or cautionary notes that you can provide that you feel will aid us in our integration efforts.

Your support in our efforts, in accordance with the request above, will be deeply appreciated. Thank you, and looking forward to feedback from all who reply...

Bill R. Ware

2 Aug 21, 2007 01:10

Hi Bill,

This question is asked before and never answered. No one seems to know the complete answer.

I think you should start in the database and find the login sytem fairly easy to incorporate. Be aware of the cookies. In your setup it looks as if multiple users are going to use the same computer. But reading your questions I think you understand what you are doing.
Let me point you to the [url=http://doc.b2evolution.net/]b2evolution API documentation[/url] that should hold the answers, if you can find them.

Once you setup the CMS - B2evo connection, you need to organize the blog. That's a task on it's own and there's more knowledge in the forum and amongst the forum users.

Even though I cannot present you a ready made walkthrough, do come back to this forum if you have any specific question.

Good luck

3 Aug 30, 2007 07:28

i am working on the same type of project cms + blogging + web stats.

please keep posting to this with your progress and steps. it will definitely help many of us out there.

Form is loading...