Recent Topics

1 Sep 01, 2007 09:37    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I have submitted my website to some search engines but I had a problem with some of them. Im getting an error that www.mysite.com is being redirected to www.mysite.com/skinsfolder/skinname...

Pls help and tell me what the problem is. Thank you.

2 Sep 01, 2007 15:42

What's the exact word-for-word error you get, and which search engines give you the error?

jj.

3 Sep 02, 2007 15:46

i dont remember the exact words but its with yahoo. and just now, i tried searching for my site and when it showed, i click on the "cached" and it showed

« back to results for "eezmol"
Below is a cache of http://eezmol.com/skins/eezmol_frm_city/. It's a snapshot of the page taken as our search engine crawled the Web. AND SO ON...

do you know the problem?

4 Sep 02, 2007 16:51

and also, alexa...same thing.

5 Sep 03, 2007 02:26

What happens is that the robots follow the <base url ...> in the header of the post. It is needed there for making calls to images and other files relative to the skin folder.
You now can call an image in the folder /img through img/image.gif because the base url is h*tp://yoursite/blogs/skins/YOURSKIN/ and together they make the path to the image. Often the base url is the root of the server. Not in B2evo.

You can change this behaviour of the bots through:

<meta name="robots" content="index,nofollow">

. Here the page will be indexed, but the links on the page will not. See [url=http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/meta-user.html]this external page[/url] for more info. Unfortunately that's all the links on the page and many of them you do like the bot to follow. So I don't have a solution for you.

In B2evo 1.10 you can set the robot meta tag in all your skins.

6 Sep 03, 2007 06:18

Thanks for your reply. Just last question on this, would there be a problem if I leave it as is?

7 Sep 03, 2007 06:28

karen wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Just last question on this, would there be a problem if I leave it as is?

No

8 Sep 03, 2007 07:25

Thanks. I'll leave it as is.

Form is loading...