Recent Topics

1 Sep 12, 2007 00:11    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

Came across this post, http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=8188, and I have exactly the same question. Client requests a form to appear (on home page beneath a list of recent posts) which a user can use to submit posts. I.e., post without using Backoffice.

PUtting the spam potential aside for the moment, is that possible? Can I hard code a user/pass in my code somewhere?

Thanks,
AM

2 Sep 12, 2007 05:58

You could teach them to login first, but you can also just place the login link somewhere prominent before the proposed text area where they can post.

Good luck

3 Sep 12, 2007 19:13

For this one particular blog, we don't want to trouble users to register or log in. We want them to be able to submit posts anonymously, much as users can submit comments anonymously.

I found the plugin method LoginAttempt() , thought about giving that a try ... create a user "anonymous" and log in the end user in code then posting their blog post.

Is there a method for creating a post by code? Say I have a title and post, is there something like addPost($title, $post, $blogID) or so?

thx

Form is loading...