Recent Topics

1 Nov 09, 2007 12:41    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I am trying to use b2evo to provide the index page for my site but I've installed all the file in a /blogs folder. I renamed a_stub.php to index.php and put it in the public html. I did all the explicit reference stuff, correctly, I think but when I try to exit to blogs I get this:
Warning: mysite.com/public_html/conf/_config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mysite.com/public_html/index.php on line 58

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'mysite.com/public_html/conf/_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /mysite.com/public_html/index.php on line 58
Strangely I get the same thing when I type the address into my browser although a normal index.html works fine. I suppose that I've made some kind of permissions error though I don't know what. The only permission I changed was the basic_ config as described in the set-up instructions.
Thanks for any help or guidance.

2 Nov 09, 2007 17:25

Do not name your stub file index.php. Index.php is an existing file that is needed for B2evo to function. So restore this through uploading a fresh copy to the server. You find it in your original download, or download again where you must note the correct version.

Good luck

3 Nov 10, 2007 11:21

Thanks Afwas, I understand what you mean, but surely it doesn't matter if the files are in a different directory. I have loads of ordinary static files with the same names but in different directories and they never cause problems. However I think I've worked it out now - I should have installed the whole thing to the root directory. B2evo obviously can't handle having the stub file in a different directory to the main files.

Afwas wrote:

Do not name your stub file index.php. Index.php is an existing file that is needed for B2evo to function. So restore this through uploading a fresh copy to the server. You find it in your original download, or download again where you must note the correct version.

Good luck

4 Nov 10, 2007 12:06

b2evo can happily live in a sub directory, but you need to add the path to these two lines of your stub file :

/**
 * That's it, now let b2evolution do the rest! :)
 */
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/conf/_config.php';

require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';
?>

¥

5 Nov 10, 2007 12:41

Thanks - I've always thought that bimbo was a misnomer when applied haphazardly to blondes!
I tried what you suggested but it's giving exactly the same results. But I may be putting the path in wrongly as I know nothing at all about php. Perhaps you would be kind enough to indicate exactly where I should insert blogs which is the name of the subdirectory where the main files are.
Thank you

¥åßßå wrote:

b2evo can happily live in a sub directory, but you need to add the path to these two lines of your stub file :

/**
 * That's it, now let b2evolution do the rest! :)
 */
require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/conf/_config.php';

require $inc_path.'_blog_main.inc.php';
?>

¥

6 Nov 10, 2007 15:05

Actually, you should only need to add it to the first line :

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/your-sub-directory/conf/_config.php';

¥

7 Nov 10, 2007 15:19

You are an absolute gem. It works exactly as it should now. Thank you a hundred times.

¥åßßå wrote:

Actually, you should only need to add it to the first line :

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/your-sub-directory/conf/_config.php';

¥

Form is loading...