Recent Topics

1 Dec 30, 2007 11:31    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello ladies and gents,

I just finished a from-scratch install of 1.10.3 on my site and everything seems to be working perfectly except the Regional Settings.

Specifically, when I change the Time Difference to "8" (GMT +8, Manila) and click Save, the screen goes blank in Camino on my Mac. When I try it in IE on my PC I get a 406 "IE cannot read the webpage format" error. I get the same results even if I simply try to save a random "Start of Week" setting. When I return to the Regional Settings page, no changes are saved.

I've browsed through most of the PHP files to see if I can find something in the code, but I'm no coder and really didn't know what I was looking for.

Any ideas on how I can make the "8" stick and show my blog time in Manila time?

Oh, some other info that may be of help:
The time of the server on which my site is hosted is GMT; I'm GMT +8.

Thanks and happy new year!

3 Dec 31, 2007 03:44

Thanks Afwas,

I could not reproduce the error in the demoblog either. But one thing I noticed on the demoblog Regional Settings page is the note (in red text) that says "default locale is not enabled." How do I disable my default locale on my blog? Maybe that has something to do with it.

Also, my MySQL version falls between the options available on the demoblog, so I probably will not get the exact results in the demo. MySQL: 4.1.22-standard

Thanks again!

4 Dec 31, 2007 11:28

What you can try is uploading all files to the server again. Once in a while a file gets crippled during transfer. If you've made a lot of manual changes already, just upload the /inc/ folder. Do not upload the /conf/ folder, or you'll have to setup everything again.

Good luck

5 Jan 01, 2008 08:15

Well I tried uploading just the /inc/ folder but I still can't change the time setting. I couldn't do it in 1.10.2 either, which is why I tried going with 1.10.3 to see if it might be different (have tried uploading and reinstalling a couple times before finally posting here). It's looking more and more like it has something to do with my server's settings which I have no control over. Maybe I'll try a few more things. Thanks a bunch for your help, Afwas! Happy new year.

Form is loading...