Recent Topics

1 Jan 17, 2008 07:19    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hey i m using this blog tool but here on header theres shows all the users name. I want to make like wordpress (in wordpress theres no blog name is shown in header but anyone who knows the blog name can visit)

so how to do this ..... or can we make a side bar or on footer where all the blog name will appear instead of showing them on header.

regards
zahid choudhury

2 Jan 17, 2008 07:44

User names or blog names?

How about providing a link and showing us what you're not happy with? It'll work a lot quicker that way than assuming we're smart enough to keep up with you ;)

3 Jan 23, 2008 07:36

thx heres the link of my blog site http://ccblog.tk
heres on top i dont want to show up the name like CCBLOG, BLOGB, mohibuzzaman, Zahid,, Raihan H, Mafiul , Toy.

Rather than i want to give a links where all these name can be found and another thing is that when any user login then he will be transffered to his own page automatically.

And can you tell me how to activate the direct link of a blog like if i want to write http://zahid.ccblog.tk then how can it will show zahid blog?

thanks in advance
Zahid.

4 Jan 23, 2008 13:09

Okay that's the "blog list" and you are running version 2.1.0 - a beta release. Therefore before we go any further I highly recommend you upgrade to the latest release and continue to do so until a release is marked "stable". Support for individual betas gets harder and harder to come by is the reason.

Okay having said that, and basing this answer on 230RC1, go to your Blog-settings->pick a blog->widgets tab and remove the "public blog list" widget from the 'Page Top' container.

Oh and welcome to the forums! There's a ton of info in here. Sometimes it's hard to find but it's usually around here somewhere.

To list all the blogs "somewhere" is easiest with a widget, which you could put in the sidebar of the blog. Alternatively you could make a post and select "type" as "Page", then manually add each new blog to that "post which is type: page". Another method would be a custom $disp page that could automagically include the blog list, but I don't know how to do that one. I guess you could make a custom container for that skin, reload that skin, then put the bloglist in that skin, and link that custom container in a "post as type: page". BTW you have a widget for listing "pages" in the sidebar so that is how someone would find this fancy page.

Taking someone to a specific page depending on who they are is beyond me. I have no info on that one.

On the subdomain.domain.tk bit: there are a couple of topic threads here that talk about it but I don't think it's very clear yet. I'm waiting for clarity on it because I have a domain name I would like to do the same thing with. For that domain I'm waiting for a stable release - then I'll dive in deep and learn about this part.

Hope it helps some!

5 Feb 05, 2008 08:22

thanks a lot (though very late - cuz my exam was there)

but its helps me a lot. thankyou again

and one more question that is > if i want to make a link on my side bar which will show >> "Show All Blog" then a new pahe will come or it will expand like menu and all the blog nem will be there & ppl will nevigate from blog to bolg frm there.

regards
zahid choudhury

Form is loading...