Recent Topics

1 Jan 22, 2008 17:07    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi

I 'think' i've uploaded and installed the files for version 2.3 properly (i say think as im not sure if some of the files i uploaded in ascii should have been binary but i'll figure that out)

Anyway, when i go to install i get a :

MySQL error!

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-groups ( grp_ID int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, grp_name varchar(50) NOT' at line 1(Errno=1064)

error.

I'm guessing this is more a mysql fix than a b2 fix but i wondered if you could point me in the right direction to fix this, as i'm new to both?

Thank you :)

2 Jan 22, 2008 20:26

Hi eq. Welcome to the forums!

What do you use to upload your files? I've found that leaving binary/ascii/whatever alone works 99.9 percent of the time - after trying to figure out what was supposed to be what. BTW Filezilla is my FTP client of choice, not that it matters - I think.

So let's try something. DELETE all the files from your server, and DROP all the tables, if any, from your database (via phpmyadmin, normally provided by your host). Set your FTP client back to default for everything, and try the whole thing again. Does yourdomain/path/install/index.php show anything? If so what do you select and what do you get? And if it crashes can you show us the link?

It might be an issue with your MySQL, but it might also be due to fiddling with binary/ascii/whatever stuff is the thing I'm thinking about.

3 Jan 23, 2008 15:03

Hi Ed and thanks! :)

Umm.. I don't think I use an ftp client as such, I just log into my web host control panel and upload the files from there, it is ftp but no specific program? (i think? :S)

Anyway, I have deleted all the files and will try as you suggested :) unfortunately i've got another problem with the email accounts just arisen that i've got to try and wade through first, hoping that it's not arisen because of something i did while fiddling with the databases, lol.

But i will upload the files later and see how it goes, thanks again for your suggestion! :)

4 Jan 23, 2008 20:46

Woop! It's worked!

Many thanks EdB :D

Form is loading...