Recent Topics

1 Mar 01, 2008 11:49    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I just installed b2evolution and almost everything works fine. I "just" have problems being logged out automatically although I accept cookies. This also happens when I clean the cache and temporary Internet files. It happens both with Internet Explorer and Firefox (I haven't tested Opera yet).

This problems doesn't occur when I am just working in the backoffice but as soon as I switch between different open tabs/windows and return then to b2evolution backoffice I have to login again to continue working.

I have already read the FAQ article "I can log in but b2evolution asks me for my password again and again / my cookies don't hold" (in the Docs Section) but the suggestions there haven't solved my problem.

I also tried to serach the forum for a solution but wether there aren't any answer or I have search with wrong terms. Anyway I need some help to solve my problem since I have no idea what's wrong.

Session timeout is set to 604800 secs so this shouldn't be the problem. baseurl is set to the right address. I double checked.

Does anybody know what else could be the reason for my problem and how to change this behaviour? It's very annoying when you have to login in again and again after switching to another tab/window!

2 Mar 02, 2008 23:31

Meanwhile I tested the behaviour (automatic logout as described before) with Opera. It's the same there. Does anybody know what could be wrong? Is this maybe a template thing? Or are there some settings other the ones I mentioned where I could change something to ret rid of this annyoing logout all the time?

By the way: I am using b2evo 2.4.0

3 Mar 13, 2008 16:39

Hi - I am having exactly the same problem. I have tried several different browsers (Firefox, Opera, IE6, IE7) on different PC's with different operating systems (Vista, WinXP, Win2000) and I get the same problem, so I assume it must be a problem regarding the server it is hosted on.

I would appreciate anybody's help with this as well.

Form is loading...