Recent Topics

1 Mar 07, 2008 06:43    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Here is my situation...

I have a blog that I want to be hosted on my website, and post via email. Not a problem...a number of blog software can do this.

Here is my problem...

I want to put up a second blog, and be able to post to it via email as well.

I have looked through docs and demos of various pieces of software and have not found any answer, only that I can post via email to a single blog.

From what I have seen of b2e, there is only a single email address allowed in the Global config / Features area. What I am looking for is to have a separate email associated with each blog. Is there a way to do that with b2e, and if not, does anyone know of another blogging software that can handle this?

Thanks,
-- Matt

2 Mar 07, 2008 07:15

Actually what you have is one email address associated with "big issues" for the entire installation. RARELY will that account ever actually get an email sent to it. Each blog can, heck: does have an owner and the owner has his or her own email address. Each blog can also have multiple authors, each of which has their own email address.

However, AFAIK you've already hit on the sad truth: email blogging in b2evolution is to a single category in a single blog. I have no doubt it can be hacked to handle an email per blog, or at least forced to allow email blogging to more than one blog, but straight out of the zip it doesn't do that.

Form is loading...