Recent Topics

1 Mar 11, 2008 16:38    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,
I had a question concerning the blogs. I seem to have lost all my blogs after my host server was corrupted last night :'(. My categories and settings haven't changed but for some reason my blogs are gone. 88| Is there anything I should know to be able to retreive them or are they lost in a deep dark hole forever? Hopefully not and I am hoping for some good news but if not then it's back to the drawing board.

2 Mar 11, 2008 17:47

A link to your blog would probably be helpful ..... a backup would probably be worth it's weight in gold ;)

¥

3 Mar 11, 2008 17:53

¥åßßå wrote:

A link to your blog would probably be helpful ..... a backup would probably be worth it's weight in gold ;)

¥

Thanks for the reply yabba. The link is http://musicforall.smallbizunite.net/blogs

I just left a message on my web host forum and come to find out that they have 60% done on recovery so hopefully my blogs will show up. In the meantime I just have to wait.......and definitely yabba. I will start a backup. Thanks again

4 Mar 11, 2008 18:07

I had a really cool reply all typed out that included the highs and lows of life and encompassed joy, happiness, hope and sorrow

Then my bloody computer rebooted because it felt like it, :-/

Ahhh well, here goes the short version

1) hope yer hosts restore sorts things out
2) check your database in phpmyadmin adn see if evo_items_item / evo_posts ( whichever your version has ) has anything in it other than your "bugger, I appear to have lost my blog" post

If you do have posts then bonus, if not then you really need to hope like hell that your host has a backup

¥

5 Mar 11, 2008 18:22

¥åßßå wrote:

I had a really cool reply all typed out that included the highs and lows of life and encompassed joy, happiness, hope and sorrow

Then my bloody computer rebooted because it felt like it, :-/

Ahhh well, here goes the short version

1) hope yer hosts restore sorts things out
2) check your database in phpmyadmin adn see if evo_items_item / evo_posts ( whichever your version has ) has anything in it other than your "bugger, I appear to have lost my blog" post

If you do have posts then bonus, if not then you really need to hope like hell that your host has a backup

¥

lol. I actually had that happen some years back. I was in the process of making this song that I had laid out and had about 6 tracks completed and then my computer shuts down. I was soooo pissed because I didn't save none of it. I had to redo everything and I couldn't quite get some of the tracks I did before the same way the second time and partly because I couldn't remember how I set them up. lol nevertheless you would think I would learn from passed experience to learn to save and backup in case of the unexpected to happen but unfortunately I tend to learn the hard way. >:-(

I hope they backed it up yesterday because that is when I did most of my posting but if not "ITS ALL GOOD" I can start my >:XX all over again. :lol:

6 Mar 11, 2008 18:30

I'd still check the database table, your posts *might* actually be there, just unlinked .... but I'm blonde and we have to hope that shit like this works cos backup is not in our vocabulary ..... and I'm my own host, so I'm pretty convinced they won't have a backup either ;)

*if* you do have an evo_items_item ( really can't remember what version that came in, think it's 2.x ), then also check if evo_items_prerendered has any contents ;)

You might also like to take a backup of your database as it is now .... just in case ;)

¥

7 Mar 11, 2008 18:30

Yeah I checked phpmyadmin and on there it only shows that I have 3 posts and I know I had more than that so everything I posted yesterday is lost. Thanks for the tip there yabba. It is much appreciated.

8 Mar 11, 2008 18:32

You'll have to press submit faster next time ;)

check if you have items_prerendered ( or summat similarly named )

¥

9 Mar 11, 2008 18:35

¥åßßå wrote:

I'd still check the database table, your posts *might* actually be there, just unlinked .... but I'm blonde and we have to hope that shit like this works cos backup is not in our vocabulary ..... and I'm my own host, so I'm pretty convinced they won't have a backup either ;)

*if* you do have an evo_items_item ( really can't remember what version that came in, think it's 2.x ), then also check if evo_items_prerendered has any contents ;)

You might also like to take a backup of your database as it is now .... just in case ;)

¥

"blonde" lol. That sounds like an excuse. I'm using version 1.10.3 and there is an evo_posts and evo_items_rendering and both say 3 but I will wait until the server is completely done and then back them up everytime I post something new. :idea:

10 Mar 11, 2008 18:44

I just want you to know that your loss is a mere drop in the ocean of time compared to the loss of my original reply. It encompassed the entirety of life in such a way as to make the written word look like a vista of images ..... even Shakespeare would have spontaneously reincarnated ... just so he could die of jealousy :(

I really need to setup backups on my server ;)

I'm afraid that with all those tables empty yer pretty much relying on your host. You *might* be able to find some of your posts in google cache ... the evil bot has some uses

¥

11 Mar 11, 2008 19:06

¥åßßå wrote:

I just want you to know that your loss is a mere drop in the ocean of time compared to the loss of my original reply. It encompassed the entirety of life in such a way as to make the written word look like a vista of images ..... even Shakespeare would have spontaneously reincarnated ... just so he could die of jealousy :(

I really need to setup backups on my server ;)

I'm afraid that with all those tables empty yer pretty much relying on your host. You *might* be able to find some of your posts in google cache ... the evil bot has some uses

¥

wow yabba that first paragraph was beautiful.....but you lost me there. lol but it sounds good though. :lol:

It really isn't any fun losing files that will never be recovered. I always learn the hard way because one of my blogs yesterday will be pretty tough to mock. I know what it is about but how I worded them will not be the same way this time around. I didn't lose my categories they were still there. Well just about everything I did are still there other than the blogs and adsense.
I hope you get your servers backup and especially you having your own server already must be alot to manage itself.

12 Mar 11, 2008 19:08

I'm sorry one more thing...how do you become your own host?

13 Mar 11, 2008 19:12

You go out and pay a fortune for a dedicated server ....

The upsides are cool, full control and all that shit, but the downsides suck .... my host never replies to my emails :roll:

¥

14 Mar 11, 2008 19:12

The easiest way to make absolutely completely and utterly 100% positive that some thing fails is not to have a back up of it.

I've worked in IT for ages. I've seen machines that back up every night run flawlessly for years. I've seen machines that don't back up fail in matter of days.

If you want your stuff, keep a copy somewhere else.

It's not that hard. Just keep a copy of your b2evo directory and your database. That's really all you need.

2 cents,

M.

15 Mar 11, 2008 19:20

Morrighu wrote:

The easiest way to make absolutely completely and utterly 100% positive that some thing fails is not to have a back up of it.

I've worked in IT for ages. I've seen machines that back up every night run flawlessly for years. I've seen machines that don't back up fail in matter of days.

It's not that hard. Just keep a copy of your b2evo directory and your database. That's really all you need.

2 cents,

M.

Whilst I 100% agree ..... I still don't do backups .... and I had a server HDD fail less than 6 months ago that cost me a few thousand files and a months worth of posts ..... mind you, i found both of those in googys cache, so all was not lost ...

but having a backup, or a replacement part, doesn't half make things worry about failing ;)

¥

16 Mar 11, 2008 19:26

¥åßßå wrote:

You go out and pay a fortune for a dedicated server ....

The upsides are cool, full control and all that shit, but the downsides suck .... my host never replies to my emails :roll:

¥

lol. Thank you yabba. You have been very helpful and I do appreciate your assistance. :D Your an awesome individual and have a good one. It is time to get back to the drawing board and be WISER this time around and backup my work. B)

17 Mar 11, 2008 19:29

Morrighu wrote:

2 cents,

M.

Hi Morrighu, thank you for your 2 cents :lol:

18 Mar 11, 2008 19:35

strictlybusiness wrote:

Your an awesome individual

I may be biased, but I'd say you have all the wisdom you need :roll:

Have a good un and I hope your host has a full backup.

Still might be worth hitting the evil googy bots cache though .... that's how I got my posts back from my last crash ;)

¥

19 Mar 11, 2008 20:14

¥åßßå wrote:

strictlybusiness wrote:

Your an awesome individual

I may be biased, but I'd say you have all the wisdom you need :roll:

Have a good un and I hope your host has a full backup.

Still might be worth hitting the evil googy bots cache though .... that's how I got my posts back from my last crash ;)

¥

evil googy bots huh :lol: Ok so I saw that you said that on the other post but didn't really pay no nevermind to it. Now that you say that again....where do I go to access the cache from google? Now I went inside admin and I noticed on there that there was a percentage of googlebot that accessed the site and hit 17 times. Now what do I do?

20 Mar 11, 2008 20:23

Meander into google and type in keywords from your title/post .... if it shows you a hit then click "show me the evil googy bot cache of this page" ..... if it's a missing post then copy the content and paste it into notepad.

Once you've done all that and recovered what you can, use your notepad pastes to recreate the missing posts

A backup would probably be far easier to setup ..... but luckily I only had 2 missing posts because creating shit that would make an angel weep takes time ... at least, that's my excuse :roll:

¥

21 Mar 11, 2008 20:54

¥åßßå wrote:

Meander into google and type in keywords from your title/post .... if it shows you a hit then click "show me the evil googy bot cache of this page" ..... if it's a missing post then copy the content and paste it into notepad.

Once you've done all that and recovered what you can, use your notepad pastes to recreate the missing posts

A backup would probably be far easier to setup ..... but luckily I only had 2 missing posts because creating shit that would make an angel weep takes time ... at least, that's my excuse :roll:

¥

Ok I want to make sure I understand. The first thing you are saying is google search bar right? If so then one of the titles of the blogs I do remember is American Music Supply. Now I did a search with that name and found 183 items. I went through all of them and didn't come across the one I wrote. Is there a special way I need to do this?
I am trying to remember my titles but I'm sure they will come to me. I even tried to hopefully find something in my awstats in cpanel and I see that there were a couple of them listed but they were listed by dates. I clicked on those pages and it took me back to my blog site.
I am sorry though I am a little slow on the power curve. |-|

22 Mar 12, 2008 08:13

That's pretty much what I meant.

It's a long shot but sometimes it works

¥

23 Mar 12, 2008 18:17

¥åßßå wrote:

That's pretty much what I meant.

It's a long shot but sometimes it works

¥

Good Afternoon Yabba,
Well I finally did find some links to older posts but with no success to the owns I wrote. I found posts that were examples when I created my blog site and yeah no luck. That was cool though seeing the snapshot of the page on google bot. My server is now fully functional and tried to find any on phpmyadmin and the only one listed was the one I wrote yesterday. :( Thanks again for your time and knowledge and when I run into a curve again "I'll be back" :lol:

24 Mar 12, 2008 19:03

Yeah, the only ones I could find were the default + "bugger, lost the lot" post

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, some times you just have to realise that life's a bitch and you either smile or be really miserable when you realise that no other bugger cares :p

Still need to setup backups on the server, must get round to doing that :P

¥

25 Mar 13, 2008 17:35

¥åßßå wrote:

Yeah, the only ones I could find were the default + "bugger, lost the lot" post

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, some times you just have to realise that life's a bitch and you either smile or be really miserable when you realise that no other bugger cares :p

Still need to setup backups on the server, must get round to doing that :P

¥

:lol: I hear ya on that one Yabba! Life is a Bitch but I gotta take it with a grain of salt but it does come down to "Shit Happens." Live and learn and try to improve the next time around. :) You were enough help especially letting me know about the "evil googy bots" cache. lol love that! I had no idea about that. See I learned something new ;)
Definitely get on the backups. You know how the saying goes, "You may have gotten lucky this time, Next time won't be so lucky" or something like that. ;) Damn I didn't even get lucky the first time! lol well have a good one

Form is loading...