Recent Topics

1 Mar 15, 2008 19:52    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

When creating a favicon, where do I put it? Does it go in root or somewhere else?

2 Mar 16, 2008 02:52

Put it in root dir. But you can also load it from any location, just add this code in <head> section.

<link rel='shortcut icon' href='http://www.coolsite.com/img/favicon.ico' />

3 Jan 09, 2009 16:29

sam2kb wrote:

Put it in root dir.

Put this code into _html_header.inc after </title>

<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="../../favicon.ico" />

4 Jan 15, 2009 03:30

I'm pretty sure you don't need any code at all to have a favicon in the root level get seen by browsers. IF you put code in you should not use UPPER CASE as that has no value and is technically wrong (even though browsers will deal with it).

5 Nov 05, 2009 07:14

Where is the into _html_header.inc to add this code into?

6 Nov 05, 2009 08:03

@bernard
What version of B2 do you have installed?

7 Nov 05, 2009 11:11

John wrote:

@bernard
What version of B2 do you have installed?

3.3.1 released on 2009-08-07

I do not see the file anywhere.

8 Nov 05, 2009 11:39

Well, the file is there....
folder = Skins
file = _html_header.inc

Anywhere between the <head></head> place....
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://yoursite.com/favicon.ico" />

9 Nov 06, 2009 05:38

Perfect

Thanks John

A future note to someone following this thread the actual file name is
_html_header.inc.php

10 Nov 20, 2009 23:21

I replaced the favicon.ico in the root directory and it didn't show up. I still get the old logo.

I modified the header and it works, but just curious where the default gets the favicon, since I deleted it.

11 Nov 21, 2009 04:14

Favicons get cached. So like you'd have to do a hard refresh of the page to see the new one, unless (as you did) you command a new one via the header.

12 Dec 18, 2009 16:36

Pionier wrote:

sam2kb wrote:

Put it in root dir.

Okay, I must have missed something.

I currently have a favicon for the entire website. But I want to use a new favicon for one of my blogs. I added this code to the _html_header.inc.php file immediately after </title>:

<link rel='shortcut icon' href='http://www.mysite.com/blogs/skins/b2eveo_baby/img/favicon.ico' />

I reloaded the page and got a blank page for the favicon. I reloaded again and my original favicon came back. I tried renaming favicon to babyfavicon and once again, it was blank, then reverted back to the sitewide favicon.

Did I use the correct code? (I renamed the skin folder to b2evo_baby so I could tell which skin went with which blog.) Or can you not use more than one favicon on a website?

I am using 2.4.7 if that makes a difference.

13 Dec 18, 2009 16:50

I'm a moron... spelling error in my code.

I need a nap.

14 Jan 03, 2010 07:13

Pionier wrote:

sam2kb wrote:

Put it in root dir.

Unfortunately, this is not working on my end. I have the latest version of b2evolution installed. I already tried copying the generic _html_header.inc.php file from skins and put it in my folder. Added my favicon code and loaded the page. Horrible! All white page with text and hyperlinks. It removed the background and all. I am using a modified version of the evocamp skin. I quickly deleted the file from the server and all is back to normal. It's not even worth the effort after 6 days of getting my site together but I'd appreciate any suggestions. I even tweeted b2evolution and hope to get some kind of response.

If you want to check out the site, feel free. Not a plug at all, it's for grown-ups anyway.

Thanks guys!

cw-connect.com

15 Jan 03, 2010 09:47

@Whatevertheheck

Put it in root dir. But you can also load it from any location, just add this code in <head> section.

i guess "but" refers to "or" , not "and".

you dont have to enter any code.You just replace the existing favicon.ico with the one in the root directory.The code is for you to locate the favicon IF it is in somewhere else other than the root dir.Clear your browser cache and hit ctrl+f5 after overwriting the existing favicon.ico

16 Jan 03, 2010 20:07

"tilqicom" wrote:

@Whatevertheheck

Put it in root dir. But you can also load it from any location, just add this code in <head> section.you dont have to enter any code.You just replace the existing favicon.ico with the one in the root directory.The code is for you to locate the favicon IF it is in somewhere else other than the root dir.Clear your browser cache and hit ctrl+f5 after overwriting the existing favicon.ico

Ahhh! Gotcha!! Thanks!

17 Feb 20, 2010 20:20

tilqicom wrote:

@Whatevertheheck

you dont have to enter any code.You just replace the existing favicon.ico with the one in the root directory.The code is for you to locate the favicon IF it is in somewhere else other than the root dir.Clear your browser cache and hit ctrl+f5 after overwriting the existing favicon.ico

I've done all this but still no favicon. I searched through the entire local sire with Dreamweaver and there's no file calling a favicon.ico or .gif. Has anyone gotten this to work without having to use the _html_header.inc file that evocamp does not include??

Yes, I've cleared the cache repeatedly.

18 Feb 23, 2010 19:39

tilqicom wrote:

@Whatevertheheck

I've done all this but still no favicon. I searched through the entire local sire with Dreamweaver and there's no file calling a favicon.ico or .gif. Has anyone gotten this to work without having to use the _html_header.inc file that evocamp does not include??

Yes, I've cleared the cache repeatedly.

19 Feb 23, 2010 20:45

I searched through the entire local sire with Dreamweaver and there's no file calling a favicon.ico or .gif

Upload a favicon.ico file (you create it!) to your skin directory e.g. /skins/evocamp/
Then copy the file /skins/_html_header.inc to /skins/evocamp/_html_header.inc and edit it.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="favicon.ico" />

If the above code doesn't work, try this

<link rel="stylesheet" href="style.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://yoursite.com/path/to/skins/evocamp/favicon.ico" />

20 Feb 23, 2010 23:19

Sam2kb, I can NOT use the _html_header.inc t file because when I do, it ruins the site - it's all white and crappy. Right now it's not using that file and I don't want to recreate the entire site just to use a favicon. Is there no other file that I could use that would refer to the favicon.

22 Feb 25, 2010 21:18

sam2kb wrote:

Did you fix it already? I can see your favicon here http://www.cw-connect.com/favicon.ico

Sam, thank you again for your response, but as I said, the evocamp skin does not USE the _html_header.inc file. When I use it, it ruins the site - it's all white and crappy. Right now it's not using that file and I don't want to recreate the entire site just to use a favicon. Is there no other file that I could use that would refer to the favicon? I use favicons in all my sites so I'm familiar with the placement and usage, but in this case, it would cause me to recreate a site that is already up and functional.

23 Feb 25, 2010 21:27

I don't know how _html_header.inc can break your site.
Can you post first 100 rows of your index.main.php here?

24 Feb 25, 2010 21:38

Sure, I can do that for ya. Here are the first 100 lines.

<?php
/**
 * This is the main/default page template.
 * For a quick explanation of b2evo 2.0 skins, please start here:
 * {@link http://manual.b2evolution.net/Skins_2.0}
 * The main page template is used to display the blog when no specific page template is available
 * to handle the request (based on $disp).
 * @package evoskins
 * @subpackage zeke
 * @version $Id: index.main.php,v 1.3 2008/04/15 21:53:31 fplanque Exp $
 */
if( !defined('EVO_MAIN_INIT') ) die( 'Please, do not access this page directly.' );

if( version_compare( $app_version, '2.4.1' ) < 0 )
{ // Older 2.x skins work on newer 2.x b2evo versions, but newer 2.x skins may not work on older 2.x b2evo versions.
	die( 'This skin is designed for b2evolution 2.4.1 and above. Please <a href="http://b2evolution.net/downloads/index.html">upgrade your b2evolution</a>.' );
}

// This is the main template; it may be used to display very different things.
// Do inits depending on current $disp:
skin_init( $disp );

// -------------------------- HTML HEADER INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
skin_include( '_html_header.inc.php' );
// Note: You can customize the default HTML header by copying the generic
// /skins/_html_header.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
// -------------------------------- END OF HEADER --------------------------------
?>

<?php
// ------------------------- BODY HEADER INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
skin_include( '_body_header.inc.php' );
// Note: You can customize the default BODY header by copying the generic
// /skins/_body_footer.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
// ------------------------------- END OF FOOTER --------------------------------
?>

<div id="page">

<div id="contentleft">

<?php
	// ------------------------- SIDEBAR INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
	skin_include( '_sidebar_left.inc.php' );
	// Note: You can customize the default BODY footer by copying the
	// _body_footer.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
	// ----------------------------- END OF SIDEBAR -----------------------------
	?>

<div id="content">

<?php
		// ------------------------- TITLE FOR THE CURRENT REQUEST -------------------------
		request_title( array(
				'title_before'=> '<h2 class="sectionhead">',
				'title_after' => '</h2>',
				'title_none'  => '',
				'glue'        => ' - ',
				'title_single_disp' => true,
				'format'      => 'htmlbody',
			) );
		// ------------------------------ END OF REQUEST TITLE -----------------------------
	?>

<?php
		// ------------------------- MESSAGES GENERATED FROM ACTIONS -------------------------
		messages( array(
			'block_start' => '<div class="action_messages">',
			'block_end'   => '</div>',
		) );
		// --------------------------------- END OF MESSAGES ---------------------------------
	?>

<?php
		// -------------- MAIN CONTENT TEMPLATE INCLUDED HERE (Based on $disp) --------------
		skin_include( '$disp$', array(
			) );
		// Note: you can customize any of the sub templates included here by
		// copying the matching php file into your skin directory.
		// ------------------------- END OF MAIN CONTENT TEMPLATE ---------------------------
	?>

</div>

</div>

<?php
// ------------------------- SIDEBAR INCLUDED HERE --------------------------
skin_include( '_sidebar_right.inc.php' );
// Note: You can customize the default BODY footer by copying the
// _body_footer.inc.php file into the current skin folder.
// ----------------------------- END OF SIDEBAR -----------------------------

25 Feb 25, 2010 21:44

And by the way, Sam, if you'd like me to load up the _html_header.inc.php so you can see the mess it makes of my site, I can do it. But only for a short time, of course.

26 Feb 25, 2010 21:47

You're saying that you don't have a custom _html_header.inc.php in skins/evocamp/ , only in /skins/ direcory. Is it true?

27 Feb 25, 2010 21:52

sam2kb wrote:

You're saying that you don't have a custom _html_header.inc.php in skins/evocamp/ , only in /skins/ direcory. Is it true?

That's correct.

28 Feb 25, 2010 22:23

You can also edit the original /skins/_html_header.inc.php and leave it there.

Don't forget to put the icon in the skins/evoskin/ direcory

29 Feb 25, 2010 22:58

sam2kb wrote:

You can also edit the original /skins/_html_header.inc.php and leave it there.

Don't forget to put the icon in the skins/evoskin/ direcory

FABULOUS! That worked just fine; thank you so much!

Form is loading...