Recent Topics

1 Mar 25, 2008 17:46    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

What page would I edit to add more search-engine description to my site? I looked for the index.htm(l) but saw only the index.php .

Thanks,

Dave
http://sciencecenter.no-ip.org/blogs

2 Mar 25, 2008 21:25

Search engines use index.php just as much as index.html, so don't worry about that.

Depending on which version of B2evo you are using, you can use various ways to get it to automatically insert some information for search engines. This is the best way - you really don't need to do this by editing pages directly unless you know what you're doing.

In the back office go to 'blog settings' for the blog you are working on. In 1.x in the 'general' tab there are boxes for 'description' and 'keywords'.
In 2.x these features are in the blog settings > advanced tab, under 'Meta Data'.

Make sure these two boxes say the right things for your blog, and all the rest is done for you.

In 2.x there is an additional feature called SEO. This is a tab in blog settings. There are no end of settings in there, some of which are obvious and some of which are less so. There are also some cheesy pictures of some guys at the top of the page - what they've got to do with it I've no idea. They change the settings in various ways but don't seem to come with any documentation, so it's hard to say what the net effect is. I tend to ignore them.

3 Mar 25, 2008 21:55

filthio wrote:

In 2.x there is an additional feature called SEO. This is a tab in blog settings. There are no end of settings in there, some of which are obvious and some of which are less so. There are also some cheesy pictures of some guys at the top of the page - what they've got to do with it I've no idea. They change the settings in various ways but don't seem to come with any documentation, so it's hard to say what the net effect is. I tend to ignore them.

agreed ;)

4 Mar 25, 2008 22:55

Okay, I made changes on Advanced page. I hope that increases traffic to the site a bit!

Thanks to all,

Dave

5 Mar 25, 2008 23:00

Use a comma separated list of keywords, not semi-colons

Form is loading...