Recent Topics

1 Mar 26, 2008 02:34    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I feel like an idiot asking... for upgrading to 2.4.1, do I go about it the same way I did with previous upgrades... deleting the files and uploading the new ones? And am I right in saying that once I do that I do NOT need to run the install/upgrade and can just go about with my blog? I am a bit confused with these instructions…. http://b2evolution.net/news/2008/03/17/b2evo-2-4-1-nevada-released-stable

thanks

2 Mar 26, 2008 03:34

Just do it the same way like you did before.

It is not necessary to run the install/upgrade script.

It doesn't mean that you'll kill your blog if you run the installer :)

3 Apr 01, 2008 05:09

Please clarify the upgrade from 2.4 to 2.41. Exactly what files need to be uploaded? It says here that no install is needed, and no skins need to be changed. So do I upload everything except the skins directory?

Thanks

4 Apr 01, 2008 05:28

This is how I do it, not just this release, but every time.

- Download a new release
- Unzip it on local disk and make all changes (config files, add my skin and delete all others, delete media folder, add plugins and locale files)
- Rename blogs to blogs_new, zip it and upload to my server
- On the old install activate a maintenance message
- Move a media dir to the new system
- Run installer from blogs_new, rename blogs to blogs_old and blogs_new back to blogs
- Done

And of course I made a db backup first.

5 Apr 01, 2008 14:00

Wow I just cut to the chase.

Unzip the new version, update the new conf/_basic_config.php file, delete everything from the server EXCEPT my media/ and plugins/ and skins/ folders, then upload the new files. From 240 to 241 you don't need to run the upgrader, so on that upgrade I did not bother uploading the new install folder.

Then I see if anything is broken, and if so figure it is a skin compatibility problem OR a core hack I forgot I made and proceed accordingly. In 240 to 241 that simply didn't happen - it just worked.

6 Apr 01, 2008 14:50

That was a lot easier, thanks.

Form is loading...