Recent Topics

1 Mar 27, 2008 18:48    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

So Currently I have my site located at www.ruchirparikh.com/blog but I would like to move it to www.ruchirparikh.com but I am newbie and needed some help with this. Any help would be really appreciated ...

Ruchir

2 Mar 27, 2008 19:03

I'm sure it's covered in detail somewhere, but the quickie version goes like this: BACKUP YOUR DATABASE AND FILES BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING.

With that out of the way, download everything from your server_root/blog/ folder, then upload it all to your server_root/ folder. Oh wait you gotta edit one file for it all to work. So edit conf/_basic_config.php, with an eye for the line that says "$baseurl" because that's what points the whole show to the proper path. Right now it says yourdomain.com/blog/ so make it say yourdomain.com/ and upload that.

I *think* that covers everything, but maybe some of your back office settings (Blog settings -> pick a blog -> URLs or ???) might need to be looked at after the move. Maybe. Probably not, but maybe.

Anyway that's it in a nutshell.

3 Mar 27, 2008 19:36

EdB thanks the "/" at the end was all that I was missing :( but it works now... thanks... btw is there a function to get the login under "https"?

Form is loading...