Recent Topics

1 Mar 28, 2008 20:44    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I have seen that I am not the only one to experience this problem. I did a fresh 2.4.1 install for a new website and the category links do not work using 'extra-path". The 'use param' works fine, but who wants those unattractive urls.

I have the sample htaccess enabled and I am currently using the 'relative to base' urls with the stub file for the blog base urls.

This site is using php 4... would upgrading to 5 help?

Is there anything I can do to beat this problem and get my category links to work as "www.mydomain.com/blog1.php/category"?

thanks
ladyease

2 Mar 28, 2008 20:59

Renaming sample.htaccess to .htaccess did not solve the issue of "server can't use pretty URLs"? I thought that was the way to make it happen if your server didn't do it on it's own is why I ask.

Sorry, but I do not know the specifics of what it takes for a server to do it without any help from the .htaccess file. My servers just do it so I never had to learn.

3 Mar 29, 2008 01:41

One of my sites has no problem with the pretty urls! However this other site is on a different server and both the category and permalinks work don't work with pretty urls. This is extremely frustrating since I am installing b2evo for a client and highly recommended it. Pretty urls are a must, but don't know where to look or what to look for to solve this issue... other than renaming the htaccess file, which I have already done.

4 Mar 29, 2008 02:46

SOLVED

Extra-path urls, or pretty urls, did not work with php4. I upgraded to php 5, and everything works beautifully!

thanks

Form is loading...