Recent Topics

1 Apr 20, 2008 15:33    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

1) PHP Magic Quotes

Dashboard > Tools > System shows PHP Magic Quotes as on. I asked my hosting company to turn them off since its a shared hosting account and they ARE on. So, why do they still show as ON in b2evolution?

2) PHP post_max_size

Dashboard > Tools > System
shows 8M and warns that:

post_max_size should be larger than upload_max_filesize

Issue 1) must be a bug, but I'm not the one to affirm that.
Issue 2) How can I change that? If PHP upload_max_filesize is 100M, how much should PHP post_max_size be, and how do I change it?
Note: Remember I'm on a shared hosting account.

http://www.eduardocasanova.com/images/ScreenHunter_01%20Apr.%2020%2008.50.gif

2 Apr 20, 2008 19:32

gcasanova wrote:

and they ARE on. So, why do they still show as ON in b2evolution?

*tilt*

gcasanova wrote:

Issue 2) How can I change that? If PHP upload_max_filesize is 100M, how much should PHP post_max_size be, and how do I change it?

You can probably change it by uploading a php.ini file, but unless it bothers you I wouldn't worry ;)

¥

3 Apr 20, 2008 19:51

¥åßßå

About:

gcasanova wrote:
and they ARE on. So, why do they still show as ON in b2evolution?

...my mistake. It is OFF but shows as ON in Dashboard > Tools > System > PHP Magic Quotes
The host provider and a tool recommended by EdB that I don't recall (the name) right now, show that PHP Magic Quotes is OFF, not ON as Dashboard > Tools > System > PHP Magic Quotes... shows.

Issue Nº 2. It doesn't bother me; I don't even know what this is for, but why recommended it larger if its not important?

4 Apr 21, 2008 10:18

1) Try adding this to your htaccess and seeing if it cures things :

# PHP SECURITY:
# this will make register globals off in the evo directory
<IfModule mod_php4.c>
	php_flag register_globals off
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
	php_flag register_globals off
</IfModule>

2) It only matters if you try and upload a file that's bigger then your post_max_size

¥

5 Apr 21, 2008 13:04

¥åßßå

I noticed that code is in the sample.htaccess which I've renamed as .htaccess but I'm still getting PHP Magic Quotes as ON.
I would suspect of my hosting provider of lying (though there would be no reason for that), but phpinfo.php shows PHP Magic Quotes OFF too.

6 Apr 21, 2008 13:14

Can you link me to your phpinfo?

¥

7 Apr 21, 2008 14:12

I think I fixed it :?:

Following your .htaccess suggestion, I added:

<IfModule mod_php4.c>
	php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
</IfModule>
<IfModule mod_php5.c>
	php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off
</IfModule>

And now it seems alright, but, quoting myself:

I would suspect of my hosting provider of lying (though there would be no reason for that)...

I'm beginning to think they did lie to me, or messed up something while trying to help me when I asked them to turn globals off. I've sent them a ticket.
¥åßßå, let's rest this post until I get a response from them.
Thanks for your help and time!

8 Apr 21, 2008 14:41

¥åßßå

I'm very sorry for making such a fuzz out of a mistake. The hosting company has confirmed PHP Magic Quotes are ON as default and only turns them off on a case by case basis.
b2evolution has no bug in this case and I made a honest mistake trusting blindly what the hosting company once replied to me when asking them to turn Globals Off.
I sincerely apologize for this mistake.
Again, Thanks for your Help, and sorry for waisting your time.

I will now proceed to commit Hara-Kiri with a plastic knife.

Form is loading...