Recent Topics

1 May 07, 2008 22:16    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

After installing the program on my server... when I fire it up... Fatal Error...

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 77824 bytes) in /backup/healyt/public_html/margaret/plugins/_calendar.plugin.php on line 640

Suggestions? How to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Thom

3 May 07, 2008 22:45

Looked up that file... thanks...

now I get a 500 error... guess I did something wrong... will have to contact my hosting provider...

:-(

After contacting my hosting provider, put in a php.ini file on the site... that did the trick... extended the memory usage and the error message went away... thanks for the help...

Regards

4 Sep 11, 2008 13:03

Hi I'm new to all this... I installed my blog on Monday, and posted away. All was going super well. Then suddenly yesterday (after 2 days), I got a really weird error when I tried to view my blog. On reading up, I found that php.ini needed some editing... but couldn't find it in my blog folders, and realized this is a file that the webhosts probably have on the root of their server. So I emailed them. THey sent me a friendly email back to say they'd been having problems with php on their server, please be patient. This evening I went in, and my blog was back, but only the last posting was visible, and I got the same error as posted by Thomas810.
So now, I'm wondering about the last post here... you say, Thomas810, that you "put in a php.ini file on the site"... does that mean you got a php.ini on the /blog folder of your site?
Should I contact my provider and ask for a "copy" of this, or what?

5 Sep 11, 2008 14:05

don't worry, I came right... I think... emailed my host and was told their admin has to do it on the server... so I wait in anticipation!

6 Sep 11, 2008 14:11

PHP can be set up in various ways. One popular method is using a standard php.ini file for PHP and allowing users to create their own. This second php.ini file goes in the root of the user folder and overrides the standard settings. It's even possible to set PHP up to have a different php.ini file in every folder ;)
One of the things that can be managed in php.ini is the amount of memory a process can take. If that's limited to 8Mb there will be a problem with B2evolution. See the FAQ for details.

Good luck

7 lxsparks Sep 27, 2008 12:50

lxsparks

I had this problem this morning after upgrading last night to the "Monument Valley" version. Followed the above link and commented out the ini_set line in blogs/conf/_advanced.php. Interesting to note that it's now been upped to a 32MB limit.

All running smoothly again :)

Oh - just noticed this is under the 1.XX version area, so no wonder the limit has increased over the years. Ahem.

8 Sep 27, 2008 17:20

lxsparks wrote:

Oh - just noticed this is under the 1.XX version area, so no wonder the limit has increased over the years. Ahem.

*unloads gun* :D

¥

Form is loading...