Recent Topics

1 May 19, 2008 02:58    

can it be done ? and what forums that can work with b2evo ??

3 May 19, 2008 17:10

Actually it *can* be done. It's just never been done successfully that anyone has shared how to do it. BUT technically it can be done ;)

4 May 19, 2008 17:10

i did searched the forums and the main extend for any info .. again ,, may be it's the keywords i'm searching for .

thanks for your answer ,, guess i'll take the short one :)

5 May 19, 2008 17:15

the blogrum looks really promising , wish they can finish it soon and set it to public .

EdB .. i dunno really , i asked many people and none of them told me that it's ever been done before , ..

6 May 19, 2008 17:24

Exactly! It *can* be done, but good luck with it. IF anyone has done it they have not shared it, but it CAN be done. It's only software after all.

First pick the version of b2evolution, then pick the version and brand of forum you want, and pick which one people register at first ... and make sure you get enough info from that one for the other one. THEN figure out how to integrate them, and good luck keeping your integration method up when both softwares will upgrade independent of the other and your integration method.

You would probably have to modify the user table in one app to house info for the other app, then modify the other app to talk to the first app's table - unless both happen to use the same table name. Also obviously you would have to put both into the same database, or figure out how to have the registration process of one talk to the other app's database AND keep them synced up when a user chooses to change his/her name or login or password in one app. Assuming they are allowed to change those things in the other app as well of course, meaning now you have to deny permissions in one app to match the restrictions in the other app.

No wonder it's never been done, or more accurately it's never been shared IF it's been done!

I had a hack that gave each forum member of a specific group in a phpbb forum (v2.0.22/23) a blog in a 1.10.3 b2evolution installation. As soon as I upgraded that blog to 2.4.2 my hack became obsolete. So now I have to manually give new members of that group a blog until such times as I am comfortable enough with the tasks to create an automated routine - and this does NOT try to keep them one one login. The users still have to maintain two user names and passwords, meaning if they change the password here it will not change it there.

Blogrums has the most promise for providing forum-like features tied to a b2evolution blog app. Hooray for blogrums!!!

7 May 19, 2008 17:56

EdB wrote:

First pick the version of b2evolution, then pick the version and brand of forum you want .... and good luck keeping your integration method up when both softwares will upgrade independent of the other

I once integrated evo and smf .... gave it up after the first upgrade

ameo wrote:

the blogrum looks really promising , wish they can finish it soon and set it to public .

EdB wrote:

Blogrums has the most promise for providing forum-like features tied to a b2evolution blog app.

No pressure there then huh? :p

I've got some more playing to do and then we'll try and get summat released ;)

¥

8 May 19, 2008 18:04

¥åßßå wrote:

No pressure there then huh? :p

I've got some more playing to do and then we'll try and get summat released ;)

¥

It can't hurt to remind you once in a while, or can it?

9 May 19, 2008 18:30

¥åßßå : you are right , any system upgrade for either the forums source and b2evo will make you start it all over again ,

also i'm with Afwas reminding is good each now and then :)

Form is loading...