Recent Topics

1 May 30, 2008 05:29    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I followed all of the upgrading instructions, and when I was finally finished uploading I ran the install script. After that, I went to my site and got this error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/superawe/public_html/smarmymen/index.php on line 53

And when I try to log in through the admin page, I get these errors:

Notice: Undefined variable: control_path in /home/superawe/public_html/smarmymen/admin.php on line 122

Warning: main(dashboard/dashboard.ctrl.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/superawe/public_html/smarmymen/admin.php on line 122

Warning: main(dashboard/dashboard.ctrl.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/superawe/public_html/smarmymen/admin.php on line 122

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'dashboard/dashboard.ctrl.php' (include_path='.:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php') in /home/superawe/public_html/smarmymen/admin.php on line 122

I've been trying to figure it out for four hours and my brain is fried. Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

2 May 30, 2008 05:35

What version did you upgrade from and to, and do you have backups from when it worked?

I would start with a simple one no matter what: get a fresh copy of the .zip package and unzip it on your computer. Now delete from your server the entire /inc/ folder, then upload the copy you just unzipped. The idea being if you have a bonked up file it is probably in the inc folder, so completely replacing it will either fix the issue or rule out "bonked up file in the inc folder" as the cause.

Oh and ask yourself if you really really really trust both the unzip utility and FTP client you use. Just in case ya know? Like, have you used these programs many times and never had an issue, or are they something new you're playing with? Once someone was using a reasonably nice FTP program but they decided instead of letting it auto-detect if things should be binary or whatever, they picked and choosed. Re-doing the upload without trying to outsmart the FTP program fixed the problem for that person.

So yeah from what to what, do you have backups, and you should do a complete replacement of your new /inc/ folder all the way back to the .zip package.

Form is loading...