Recent Topics

1 Jun 29, 2008 00:30    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

i am new to b2evolution. please help me to add links to the blogroll or to edit blogroll

3 Jun 29, 2008 02:36

i am not looking for coding. is it possible to add links to blogroll which is already there (on blog A sample) with just few clicks

4 Jun 29, 2008 02:46

<rant mode on>
In our country we say : thanks for the answer but that is not what I was looking for. I wanted to do so and so. Do you (or somebody else) knows the answer to that ?
</rant mode off>

5 Jun 29, 2008 02:53

sorry for not thanking you. anyways thank you. i dont know the answer for it. i am very new to b2e.

6 Jun 29, 2008 16:42

Hi sachin. Here is the best information I can give someone new to b2evolution: read the default posts that show up when you first install b2evolution because they are actually designed to help you understand how it works, use the search feature in the forums as many things have already been covered, and spend some time looking through the online manual for helpful information about a topic of interest to you.

No one will magically know ANY software right away, so enjoy the learning curve and don't worry if you don't have it all "down pat" right away is what I mean.

Oh and what others call a "blogroll" is a "linkblog" in this software. Basically you pick a blog to be your linkblog, then you tell another blog "use that blog as my linkblog", then you post like a normal post in the linkblog blog. Only you don't actually write a post: just a title and a URL in the "link to URL" field. But for sure you will find more info about it in the sample posts, by searching the forums, and in the online manual.

Have fun!

7 Jun 29, 2008 19:55

thank you every much. let me try

8 Nov 12, 2008 04:55

EdB wrote:

etc...

Basically you pick a blog to be your linkblog, then you tell another blog "use that blog as my linkblog", then you post like a normal post in the linkblog blog. Only you don't actually write a post: just a title and a URL in the "link to URL" field. But for sure you will find more info about it in the sample posts, by searching the forums, and in the online manual.

Have fun!

Hi everyone. This thread is really helpful.

EdB, how do you tell another blog "use that blog as my linkblog" say for favorite links, etc.? Is there a place in the Admin interface to specify that? :?:

Thanks.

9 Nov 12, 2008 09:20

yes you can do this in the admin.
go to blog setting- widgets- select linkblog and give the linkblog ID ( the blog ID of the linkblog which you have created. u can find the blog ID in the url settings secting of the admin).

10 Nov 12, 2008 09:56

Thanks sachin for letting me know there is a linkblog via widgets.

11 Jan 12, 2009 00:46

sachin wrote:

yes you can do this in the admin.
go to blog setting- widgets- select linkblog and give the linkblog ID ( the blog ID of the linkblog which you have created. u can find the blog ID in the url settings secting of the admin).

I am looking for an easy configuration option to disable / enable linkblog on all blogs. If there is not such a function, could it be added?

After a bit of confusion I found the said "blog settings -> widgets -> linkblog" but consider the amount of work if someone needs to do that for 5 or 10 blogs.

Also, finding these linkblog options may not be intuitive for new b2evo users. I am wondering if and how this can be improved in the admin interface.

13 Jul 05, 2009 10:57

I have set up a linkblog as per above, and the entries appear, but they do not function as links. So in blog1 in the sidebar I have the entries from the linkblog - blog3 - appearing, but they are not clickable. I am missing something, I know...

Oh, these blog3 entries are actual entries. I am assuming that when the 'blogroll' for blog 3 appears in the blog1 sidebar, each entry would be linked.

Form is loading...