Recent Topics

1 Jun 29, 2008 17:44    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

After I changed my post to the <--MORE--> I no longer recieve e-mails in those that I have changed to <--MORE---> But the ones (post) that I did Not change to MORE I still get e-mails when someone post there.

Is there a bug using the <---MORE--->

I am using 2.4.2

or is there another command I can use to have the same effect as MORE, I am basically counting down the size of the post on the MAIN page so I can fit more post into one page.

I don't want to have to click into admin, then click through every post / comments to see if someone posted a comment that needs to be approved.

Thanks,

2 Jun 30, 2008 15:50

This may well be a bug. Can any one confirm this behaviour?

Good luck

3 Jun 30, 2008 19:28

I use <!--more--> all the time on my blog and I do change post very often to <!--more--> articles..
I have no problem with emails...

4 Jul 01, 2008 01:21

Same here. Using !M has never caused me an issue with getting the emails saying someone commented.

5 Jul 01, 2008 06:00

The only other thing that I changed was I added the Digg plugin.

But I confirmed it, ONLY the ones that I added the <---MORE---> to are the ones that I do not get e-mails from, all others I do get e-mails. Maybe a database issue? This is on Godaddy Linux server version 2.4.2

Hmmm.

I will keep looking .... just really aggrevating to have to login as admin and go through all the blog post to serach for new comments, is there another way I can do this? thanks

6 Jul 01, 2008 08:14

sir wrote:

I will keep looking .... just really aggrevating to have to login as admin and go through all the blog post to serach for new comments, is there another way I can do this? thanks

Have you tried using the coll_comment_list.widget.php ?
Gives you a list of the last (you set how many) comments

7 Jul 01, 2008 13:12

John wrote:

Have you tried using the coll_comment_list.widget.php ?
Gives you a list of the last (you set how many) comments

where is this located? and I can click through the admin comments faster then checking this file all the time? I think I mis-understood..

8 Jul 01, 2008 14:08

It's an available widget that simply lists recent comments.
I display it in my footer, but you can display it on a custom page etc etc.

9 Jul 01, 2008 20:39

sir wrote:

there is also the menulink 'last comments'.
I putted that in my page-header on www.tenderfeelings.be

10 Jul 03, 2008 06:16

Sorry I am lost what does that have to do with me getting e-mails, that someone posted a comment?

11 Jul 03, 2008 08:31

Remove the digg plugin and see what happens. No one else has a problem getting emails when a comment is made to a post that uses !M so the problem has to be something specific to your installation. I therefore suggest you undo that which was done at the time the problem turned on, which seems to be use of the digg plugin.

12 Jul 03, 2008 19:28

sir wrote:

Sorry I am lost what does that have to do with me getting e-mails, that someone posted a comment?

Your question before was : sir wrote:

Our suggestions are answers to that frustration

13 Jul 04, 2008 08:40

Sorry I didn't mean for it to come off as rude, FUSTRATION! yes.. Grrrrr

OK I seen your site, I see the Recent Comments, But does that List Comments that have not been approved by the admin? if so then great. But those look like, comments that are apporved.

And I want your footer...

This blog is proudly powered by b2evolution, is hosted on - HostICan and was designed by Topanga. Can you list the <Code> and what page I edit to add this. I got my own hosting, I posted a post on this here. http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14463

Form is loading...