Recent Topics

1 Jul 18, 2008 10:23    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello there!

What is the best way to add images to a post?. Here the ways I have found:

1.- Upload the pic to the "Files" section. If I go there then, select a picture and click on "Make post" it will create a new post in my blog, the image will be automatically re-size. But, I cannot change the position of the image in my post, it will appear always at the top of the post. Any way to decide where to add the image?
2.- Upload the pic to the "Files" section. Then, while writing a post, click on "Files", then select the picture and click on "Make IMG tags" that paste a code to my post so I can put it whenever I want inside the text. However, if the original image is too big, the same does not get re-sized automatically. How can I make b2evol to resize automatically?

Regarding the point 2, just to give you more info, I looked at my "..skins/_item.content.inc.php" and attached the result:

// Default params:
$params = array_merge( array(
'image_size' Arrow 'fit-400x320',
'before_url_link' Arrow '<p class="post_link">'.T_('Link:').' ',
'after_url_link' Arrow '</p>',
'before_more_link' Arrow '<p class="bMore">',
'after_more_link' Arrow '</p>',
'more_link_text' Arrow '#',
), $params );

Thanks for your help!

Jhonyleroy.

2 Jul 18, 2008 12:38

Hi jhonyleroy. The code you posted works only when someone uses the ... aw heck now I gotta check.

"Make posts" button. If someone uploads an image and uses the "make posts" button then the automatic image resizer will kick in. There are pros and cons with that, but unfortunately there is no better answer available right now.

What we need is a hack that makes it easy to use one of the resized images when you simply want the post inline with your text. I should work on that, but the last time I had a worthy camera was about 6 years ago and the last time I worked on upgrading my plugins I got so disenchanted I disabled my blog for 3 weeks to mentally recharge.

BTW somewhere on a hacks post of mine I do have a way to make the "make posts" button produce a draft instead of an immediately published post. It doesn't help with putting the image inline or in the middle of text, but it is (to my way of thinking) better than the default condition of immediately publishing the image as a post. http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php/2008/05/11/seven-hacks-for-v242#hack6 be it - if you're interested in a baby-step in a good direction.

3 Jul 18, 2008 16:47

Thanks EdB so at least I see I didnt ask something silly ;-)

I bet the best I can do by now is just to make sure that the pictures have the right size before uploading them into the blogs. This way, I dont have to be worry about resizing them once in the blog.

Appreciate your help.

Jhonyleroy.

Form is loading...