Recent Topics

1 Sep 30, 2008 23:21    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had luck getting this to run on 2.4.5:

http://www.v-nessa.net/2007/08/08/b2evolution-smtp-patch

I was able to use what little PHP experience I had to edit the login.php file and get it to run with PHPMailer. It sends password change request e-mails fine. But, I can't figure out how to get it to send registration email. I keep getting "the PHP mail() function may have been disabled on the server." error when I try to register a new user. So I know I am missing something in one of the files, but I'm not sure where to start.

I was hoping someone might have had some luck with this and would be able to post their files, code or some insight on where I should go from here.

My configuration:

Windows Server 2003
ISS 6
PHP 5.2.5
b2Evolution 2.4.5

Thanks for your help.

2 Sep 30, 2008 23:28

Hi 66cat389,

Welcome to the forums.
You may ry that patch. There's a large chance it'll work. Do keep a copy of B2evo at hand in case things break and revert back to original.
I tested my own patch (see [url=http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14205][1.10.3] [2.4.0][2.4.2] HOWTO: use an external mailserver[/url]) recently and that one works.

Good luck

3 Oct 01, 2008 16:12

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have tried to use the thread that you've posted. But, I didn't have much luck with it. I am sure I am probably missing something or that I messed it up somehow.

I did create a /htsrv/swift-smtp/ folder and I have placed the lib folder in it. But I was unable to get it to work properly, I must have messed up editing the/conf/_advanced.php and _misc.funcs.php files somehow. I did start at line 1568 and I copied the code that you were nice enough to post.

Afterward, I was unable to complete the registration process as it would bring up a blank page. I tried the PHP 5 and PHP 4 versions of swiftmailer and both produced the same result, which is what had led me to the patch I posted previously.

However, I would gladly use either solution to get this up and running. So, if you have any thoughts on a solution to my problem. I would be grateful for any advice you could give.

4 Oct 01, 2008 17:50

Hi Again,

Well, I was curious and tried your walk through again with an older version of Swift Smtp (3.3.1). But, now when I try to register a new user I get an Http error 500 after I select the register button. The new user does appear in the dashboard, but I never receive an e-mail and I never see a confirmation screen. Any thoughts?

5 Oct 02, 2008 19:58

Well, in an effort to fix this so I could move on. I made the decision to drop back down to 1.9.3. I applied the patch that I had referenced in my first post and all is well. I will probably look at moving to a newer version when SMTP support is included naively or if a plug in is produced that can meet my needs.

It's a shame since I really like 2.4.5, it had a really good feel to it and some really nice features.

Form is loading...