Recent Topics

1 Oct 04, 2008 17:31    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I've searched, I've toiled, I've experimented, but I cannot seem to allow all registered users (or priviledged bloggers, etc) to post to the (one and only) same blog.

What's the secret?

Jim

2 Oct 05, 2008 03:31

First off enable "use advanced perms" for the blog ( admin > blog settings > [ blog name ] > features > scroll waaaay down )

Then hit your blog tab again and you should see user/group perms ( admin > blog settings > [blog name ] > group perms is the one you want ).

Allow your users group whatever write/edit/upload permissions that you want ;)

¥

3 Oct 05, 2008 15:33

¥åßßå wrote:

First off enable "use advanced perms" for the blog ( admin > blog settings > [ blog name ] > features > scroll waaaay down )

Then hit your blog tab again and you should see user/group perms ( admin > blog settings > [blog name ] > group perms is the one you want ).

Allow your users group whatever write/edit/upload permissions that you want ;)

¥

Thanks. I did this, but users don't have any way to write a msg. There is no "write" tab at the top of the window. Is there another way they can write a post?

JWC

4 Oct 05, 2008 18:56

If you've allowed the group posting permissions then they should see the write tab in admin? .... I assume they do have access to admin? ( admin > users > edit group > tick "visible admin link" )

¥

5 Oct 06, 2008 16:26

¥åßßå wrote:

If you've allowed the group posting permissions then they should see the write tab in admin? .... I assume they do have access to admin? ( admin > users > edit group > tick "visible admin link" )

¥

Thanks - I'll look into it. I think I was worried about giving away all admin rights by allowing "admin..."

Jim

6 Oct 06, 2008 17:38

They don't need to be "admin" on the blog permissions ... but their group needs access to the admin area ( or back office, whichever rocks your boat ), before they can see any tabs

I don't use normal perms but I *think* they need to be author or editor or summat, and you can limit them to editing only there own posts ( might need to click "advanced settings" ).

Word of warning, if you give them comment editing permissions it's like making them a forum mod and they can edit ALL comments ;)

¥

Form is loading...