Recent Topics

1 Feb 01, 2009 07:56    

2 Feb 01, 2009 08:00

See the file sample.htaccess for information on this topic.
If you have subsequent questions don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck

3 Feb 01, 2009 08:11

Where do I look for this file?

4 Feb 01, 2009 08:13

/blogs/sample.htaccess

5 Feb 01, 2009 08:19

Ok thank you. I'm not 100% sure what to do though.

6 Feb 01, 2009 08:23

The last part of that file says this:

# CATCH EVERYTHING INTO B2EVO:
# The following will allow you to have URL right off the site root,
# using index.php as a stub but not showing it.
# This will add support for URLs like:  http://example.com/2006/08/29/post-title
# Redirect anything that's not an existing directory or file to index.php
#
# RewriteEngine On
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
# RewriteRule ^  index.php

Uncomment the last four lines. Then upload the file to the root of your blog and rename it to .htaccess

If you have an Apache webserver that is reasonably normal setup it will now redirect all posts to the root of your blog and shorten your URL.
If it doesn't work you can simply remove the file .htaccess from the server.

Good luck

7 Feb 01, 2009 08:31

Ok one more question. When you say uncomment the last 4 lines do I just remove the "#" from each or is there something else I need to do. Sorry for being a pain I'm really new at this.

8 Feb 01, 2009 08:35

Hi kmizike,

Yes remove the hashes (#).
One more thing: before you rename .htaccess do so in /blogs/. Normally you'd put that file in root (/public_html/ or /www/) but there may be a .htaccess there already and you'd want to make sure you don't overwrite what's already there. So make a backup of that file if you come across it.

Good luck

9 Feb 01, 2009 09:05

There are a few ,htaccess files in my FTP root directory I'm afraid to remove any of them. Here is the error I get after making the change to the .htaccess file from /blogs/.. and moving into the root directory when trying to access http://www.snagtagbrag.com/

Warning: main(/home/content/k/m/i/kmizike/html/conf/_config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/k/m/i/kmizike/html/index.php on line 25

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/k/m/i/kmizike/html/conf/_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/k/m/i/kmizike/html/index.php on line 25

10 Feb 01, 2009 09:21

That's not what I expected.
I don't see any file in the root. Do you have the blog set up in root or in a /blogs/ folder?
Can you PM me URL and login/password of your FTP?

Good luck

14 Feb 01, 2009 09:53

Thanks!!! Now I have another problem I need to fix, I'll let you know if I need anymore assistance but thanks a bunch.

15 Feb 01, 2009 10:59

Ok now I appear to have the same problem as before here is the error for http://www.snagtagbrag.com/

Warning: main(/home/content/k/m/i/kmizike/html/b2evolution/blogs/conf/_config.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/k/m/i/kmizike/html/index.php on line 25

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/k/m/i/kmizike/html/b2evolution/blogs/conf/_config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/k/m/i/kmizike/html/index.php on line 25

17 Feb 01, 2009 11:03

You want me to point to that blog?
It requires a change in /index.php and in /b2evolution-2.4.6-stable-2009-01-12-lc/b2evolution/blogs/conf/_basic.config.php

19 Feb 01, 2009 11:21

Works again.
You might concider to put the blog in /blog/ instead of /b2evolution-2.4.6-stable-2009-01-12-lc/b2evolution/blogs/
Simply copy the contents of that folder to /blog/, change line 25 in /index.php (the file in root, not in /blog/) to

require_once dirname(__FILE__).'/blog/conf/_config.php';

and the file /blog/conf/_basic_config.php line 97 to:

$baseurl = 'http://www.snagtagbrag.com/blog/';

and you'll be fine.

Have fun

Form is loading...