Recent Topics

1 Feb 08, 2009 03:07    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi, I have a question about what I should enter. I just uploaded b3evolution to my website via FTP, and when I'm trying to install it, it comes up with this. I was also wondering what I need to put into the MySQL Username, MySQL Password, MySQL Database, MySQL Host, and MySQL tables prefix?

Your help will be much appreciated! Thank you!

MySQL error!

Error selecting database [index.html]!

1. Are you sure the database exists?
2. Are you sure the DB user is allowed to use that database?
3. Are you sure there is a valid database connection?

It seems that the database config settings you entered don't work. Please check them carefully and try again...

2 Feb 08, 2009 03:55

karnariz wrote:

It seems that the database config settings you entered don't work. Please check them carefully and try again...

Hi karnariz. Welcome to the forums!

Seems like you've got the answer there but don't know you have the answer there. So let me ask you a question: do you have a database to put b2evolution tables into? You will need one, and I personally have no idea how to make one. Truth is I always use "fantastico" to install b2evo, then grab the tiny bits I need before deleting all the files it gives me. Cuz I have no idea how to actually create a database.

Therefore I would suggest you ask your host "how do I make a database so I can install the coolest blog app in the known universe?" When they tell you how to do it and you do it you will have a couple of important pieces of information. You've already hit on them, but one of them isn't that important because b2evo will use 'evo_' if you don't tell it a value for $tableprefix.

Okay here we go. Variables are bits that begin with $ like $tableprefix. Sometimes ... heck most of the time it's a lot more complicated than that, but hey no problem cuz all we gotta do is get a few variables from your host to make it shine. Specifically you will need the info that will go into your /conf/_basic_config.php file. You can edit that file before you upload, or, CHMOD it so that your browser can write information into the file (then CHMOD it back to whatever it is now - of course). What bits do you need from your host? Oh that's easy!

$db_config = array(
	'user'     => 'blahblahblah',     // your MySQL username
	'password' => 'ummagummahummahumma',     // ...and password
	'name'     => 'yadayadayada',  // the name of the database
	'host'     => 'localhost',    // MySQL Server (typically 'localhost')
);

Those are the bits you referred to as "MySQL Username, MySQL Password, MySQL Database, MySQL Host" yah?

In the same file there is a variable for exactly where your blog is located. For me it is normally at the root level, but many folk put their blog in a sub-directory. Either way, we gotta tell the files *where* it is. So we do that in the same /conf/_basic_config.php file with this line:

$baseurl = 'http://yourawesomedomain.com/yourblogpath/';

In the same file you will need to tell it a value for $admin_email and (if you edit the file before uploading) that the value of $config_is_done is 1.

Fun eh?

Start with your host. Get how to make a database. Keep notes on the database connection info. Everything will fall into place eventually :)

Form is loading...