Recent Topics

1 Feb 09, 2009 04:25    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

OK I won't be insulted if you just tell me I need something simpler. I chose to install b2e because I know down the road I'll want more than 1 blog.

But, I am a newbie to blogging and b2e. I followed the instructions for install and I have it on the server. I googled around for tutorials and had no sucess. Most are about installing- not setting up a working blog.

I can login and read the sample blogs- but the "owner" acrnym I used is not satrisfactory because at the footer in the copyright notice I want my nme. I didn't know when installing it would show the acronym I used. How do I go back or revise that now?

I was trying to create a blog and didn't get very far needless to say. Can't create static pages with the defaults. And don't understand the levels or permissins. I am the solo blog owner. Can't I just get an Admin account without changing all these things in a straightforward manner?

2 Feb 09, 2009 07:51

Edit your admin profile and change your nick to the name of your choice ;)

¥

3 Feb 10, 2009 00:20

Thank you very much. I didn't know changing that was an option. However, just since the sample blogs are perhaps good for me to keep for reference purposes- if I choose to start a new blog rather than just edit the sample blogs do I make that edit in the sample blogs first and then do on to create the new blog?

4 Feb 10, 2009 17:00

You should just need to make that change in your admins profile?

¥

5 Feb 10, 2009 21:24

The nick is not what is appearing in the footer which I want to change. It is the entry in the login spot and that appears in more than 1 place in the options...can I just change the login name?

nick is default- Admin but that does not display on a blog page.

6 Feb 11, 2009 00:04

In the "Identity shown" dropdown you selected the option for 'nickname' right? BTW when you first add a nickname and select identity shown at the same time it'll offer "admin <<Nickname>>" as the first dropdown item. In fact I think it defaults to that so changing the login won't do the trick - you would have to actually change the nickname field.

I just did it on a test installation and it worked without issue. I did a forced page reload to avoid cache thingies but maybe I didn't need to?

7 Feb 12, 2009 04:08

Thanks very much. It worked. But, I have gone forward to attempt more and am hitting stumbling blocks.

I'll see if the online manual helps. That is, if I can find it again.

And, I am a friend of Bill W's. Good suggestion you have made. :)

Form is loading...