Recent Topics

1 Feb 09, 2009 06:19    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

We have had this installed since sept 2008 with no problems until now
Suddenly we cannot create a new blog. Well we can create a blog but all that is displayed is the top of the template and no content.

We can do everything in the back end (besides widgets) but no content (besides the top of the template itself) is displayed on the front end.

In the back end there are no widgets for new blogs - in fact you cannot click on anything in the widgets page except the link called widgets.
On our exsiting blogs everything is still working fine inc the widgets...in the same system.
We are not getting any errors!
any clues that can help us
we dont know what to try next - pleeease help someone

2 Feb 09, 2009 07:08

Have you recently Upgraded or Changed Skins

3 Feb 09, 2009 07:27

no to both
but am curious as to why you are asking

4 Feb 09, 2009 07:41

Only because an upgrade is an opportunity for small omissions and oversights.
Also, an older skin wont work with the new versions.

5 Feb 09, 2009 07:48

Try upping your memory limit in conf/_advanced.php

¥

6 Feb 09, 2009 08:46

Recently a hack I honkered into a phpbb forum I run died. I figured one of the files on my server went belly up and could have looked for it but figured "oh well" and simply deleted it. It was a chat room that I think no one used so no loss.

So back to your issue eh? It is *possible* that you've lost a file on your server. I hope you have backup copies of stuff on your computer because now might be a good time to delete your entire /inc/ folder from your server and upload your backup. And just to be thorough the admin.php file in your root level.

If you don't have a backup check out the bottom of any admin page for your version, then get that version from the download tab above, unzip it, and upload the shiny new copy of the /inc/ folder.

OR one by one by one by one by one by one check out each and every file in each and every folder until you find a file that is (most probably) zero bytes on your server and replace only that file.

No promises this is gonna help ... but it might.

Form is loading...