Recent Topics

1 Feb 15, 2009 20:21    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.x

I am attempting to set up the "custom url" feature on ping.fm so I can mass post my blog entries through ping.fm.

Succeeded in setting up blog by email based on the instructions in the manual: http://groups.google.com/group/pingfm-developers/web/working-with-a-custom-url

Then, I followed the instructions from the ping.fm help page: http://groups.google.com/group/pingfm-developers/web/working-with-a-custom-url
I tried sending the php script to sending me an email direct so I could "test" the script, but nothing came through.

Anyone out there willing to help me diagnose and thus determine how to fix the problem?

The blog is: www.greatestultimate.com

2 Feb 26, 2009 06:45

Looks like you got this working based on your 2/24 post? If so it'd be cool if you shared how cuz obviously no one here was able to help.

Even though you have it working on an old / obsolete version it might help the next person who wants to do the same thing on a v2.* installation is the thing.

3 Feb 26, 2009 15:01

EdB wrote:

Looks like you got this working based on your 2/24 post? If so it'd be cool if you shared how cuz obviously no one here was able to help.

Even though you have it working on an old / obsolete version it might help the next person who wants to do the same thing on a v2.* installation is the thing.

Actually, its still not working for me.
Would love to fix it.
I AM able to send an email direct though.

Am afraid to upgrade to 2.x afraid i dont understand enough about what happens to my current settings to make it work right. Any advice on that front?

4 Feb 26, 2009 16:02

Based on your ping page I'd say you've missed a few <?php tags

¥

5 Feb 26, 2009 17:52

¥åßßå wrote:

Based on your ping page I'd say you've missed a few <?php tags

¥

right. here is the change I made:

<?php

$email = "email@domain.com";
$subject = "blog: ";
$body = "username:password \n\n";
$body .= "Method: {$_POST["method"]}\n";

if($_POST["title"] != ""){
$body .= "Title: {$_POST["title"]}\n";
}

$body .= "Message: " .stripslashes($_POST["message"]) ."\n";

if($_POST["location"] != ""){
$body .= "Location: {$_POST["location"]}\n";
}

if($_POST["media"] != ""){
$body .= "\nExtra media variables:\n\n";
$body .= "Raw Message: {$_POST["raw_message"]}\n";
$body .= "Media URL: {$_POST["media"]}\n";
}

if($_POST["trigger"] != ""){
$body .= "Trigger: {$_POST["trigger"]}\n";
}

$body .= "\nThanks for playing!";

if(count($_POST) > 0){
mail($email, $subject, $body, "From: ping.fm___");
}
?>

6 Feb 26, 2009 18:21

I guess the next question is, how are you calling the page? It's expecting you to submit a form with method / title / message / location / media / trigger being fields ( although setting any one of those should spark off the email ).

You may wish to add some error checking to it though to save yourself a bunch of warning messages in your sites logs.

¥

7 Feb 26, 2009 18:24

¥åßßå wrote:

I guess the next question is, how are you calling the page? It's expecting you to submit a form with method / title / message / location / media / trigger being fields ( although setting any one of those should spark off the email ).

You may wish to add some error checking to it though to save yourself a bunch of warning messages in your sites logs.

¥

I am calling it using ping.fm.

Currently, I have the email being sent to my personal email. But I am not getting anything there.
After I get the details sussed out I will change the email address to send to my b2evo blog.

What error checking would you recommend?

8 Feb 27, 2009 08:30

You should be checking all the $_POST values before you try and access them ie:

if($_POST["title"] != ""){

Should be :

if( !empty( $_POST["title"] ) ){

Depending on what your personal email address is you may also need to add a "from" address that's an account on your domain before teh server will send it, or places like gmail/hotmail/yahoo etc will receive it.

¥

Form is loading...