Recent Topics

1 Feb 16, 2009 21:54    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Guys I dont know much about PHP so be gentle please.

I have just installed the blog app on my site and when I go to log out or visit the default page I get :

Fatal error: Class 'coll_title_Widget' not found in /home/fhlinux140/f/forum.bondbug.com/user/htdocs/blogs/inc/widgets/model/_widgetcache.class.php on line 116.

The referenced PHP file is on the server so I dont really know where to start looking or what I have done wrong... Pointers please

2 Feb 17, 2009 15:01

Any ideas before I give up on this one and move to another blog solution?

3 Feb 17, 2009 15:28

Hi Bondbugcrazy. 18 hours, no version identified, no information about your server. You know that no one is paid to be here 24x7 right? People come and answer questions that they can is how it works.

Here's the deal for you: sounds like, given that we've nothing else to go on, a crapped up file. But I wouldn't suspect the file it mentioned cuz that would be way too easy. Instead I would do a complicated little dance that goes like this:

Save, if you don't already have it, your /conf/_basic_config.php file from your server because it has all the customized bits. DELETE everything in your /inc/ file on your server. Get a brand new copy of the version you are using from the downloads tab, and unzip it on your computer. Now upload the /inc/ folder that you just unzipped.

Start with a brand new download because IF you have a blown file it is impossible to tell at which point in the process the file got blown. Do the entire /inc/ folder because it does almost all the work and hey what the heck it doesn't hurt to wipe out everything and start fresh eh? Much better than maybe doing this file then that file then another file is what I mean.

Best of luck, but if you find another blogging application more suitable to your needs and environment then best of luck with that as well.

Life is good when luck is at it's best yah?

4 Feb 18, 2009 21:39

Many thanks this seemed to resolve the problem but now I get Fatal error: Call to undefined function antispam_check() in /home/fhlinux140/f/forum.bondbug.com/user/htdocs/blogs/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php on line 1655
when I try and create a new blog or edit sample blogs. I notice that the antispam page is blank in the admin area so it may be the way I am trying to configure the application.

5 Feb 18, 2009 22:49

You mean the page that should list the banned keywords? I'm not sure how that can be blank because the installer always puts about 20 entries in it. I'm talking about when you click on 'Global settings' then 'Antispam' then 'antispam blacklist'. Is that what you are referring to?

Anyway this is really odd because it is saying the function is undefined, so even if your list is empty (a) it should still work and (b) the function should still be defined. I hate to say it, but it still sounds like something is messed up in the files on your server. That particular function (antispam_check) is defined in /inc/antispam/model/_antispam.funcs.php by the way.

So instead of saying "do the same thing again and hope it finally works" let's see if we can find something else to try. First can you verify that you got a brand new copy of the program and unzipped it on your computer? It is important to not re-use any of the files all the way back to when you first downloaded it.

Next sometimes different FTP clients have different settings that people can do stuff with. I'm not good with what that is all about because all I ever do is use the default configurations of my (older) version of FileZilla. So perhaps this makes you think "oh I did change this detail from {{something}} to {{something else}}" or maybe gets you to think about a different FTP program to use?

Oh and I always avoid using any FTP feature my hosts give me. Generally I hate them and they are yucky and I wish they would all just go away. But not over to your host :)

Other than that I've not much else to suggest. "Sounds like a bad file" gets old after the first time right? But wow it sounds like a bad file again :(

Oh also I trust you completely deleted the files from your server before uploading your brand new copies because it would be a drag if your FTP program decided to not over-write files due to the date stamp on them being newer on the server.

Form is loading...