Recent Topics

1 Mar 11, 2009 04:55    

My b2evolution Version: 3.x

Is the pruning and antispam by default "activated" as scheduled job, or do I have to set it manually via the scheduler tab?

For the pruning, there is a radio button to select "scheduled job" then below it, "XX days. How many days of hits & sessions do you want to keep in the database for stats?"

Does it mean that the pruning script will auto-create the schedule job when the XX day is satisfied? It confuses me, because when I try to create a new job, there is an option to set a pruning job.

For the antispam, I'm confused because the wiki says it is "randomized" but then I can set a job via the scheduler tab as well. So I do not know if it is auto-create scheduled job or I have to manually create it.

Thanks.

2 Apr 24, 2009 21:18

Pruning happens when your ... either local time or server time trips over past midnight after the number of days you define in the "hits and sessions" box. It works that way in 246 anyway. So there is no need for a cron job on that one.

Can't help you with doing antispam on a cron job, but there is a way to see if it is working or not. Set up a job for it, then wait until after the job should have run a couple of times. Or at least a week - whichever is longer. Remember adding keywords is a manual task so you have to sort of give the antispam admins some time to add new keywords.

Anyway after enough time has gone by that there should be new keywords and your cron job has had ample time to run simply go to the antispam list and ask it for an update. Assuming it is similar in 3.whatever you will first see the current date of "last update" (which is actually the date and time the youngest keyword in your list was published), then any updates, then the freshest version of "last update". If the first date stamp is way old then you know it didn't work. If the first date stamp is reasonably new and you don't get a lot of new keywords then you know it is working.

3 Mar 19, 2010 12:30

I understand this is all volunteer work and the app is free but if we can't call anyone we need much more detailed help sections. I keep getting the message "Auto pruning is not set to run as a scheduled task" and I can't get a straight answer yet about what exactly is not working. The help link in Admin doesn't go into this and was last updated in 2006.

4 Mar 19, 2010 16:37

The most current help sections is these forums. The main problem you have is that the biggest players have mostly moved on and a new set hasn't replaced them yet.

Guessing from your error message you need to hit admin > tools > scheduled tasks (or whatever the tabs called ), and add a new job for pruning stats ... just guessing though..

¥

5 Mar 20, 2010 09:18

Thank you, Blonde, but this is too crazy. I swear I think something's going on in the background because I haven't even worked on site and it's just going mad. Tonight I went to landing page http://cw-connect.com and when I go to the bottom of the page and click "2" or the little arrows to go to the next page, the INTRO section becomes the header of the previous blog. I am too through. I just tweeted one of the developers and hope he answers. I'm going to have to take down the site. And this only happened AFTER I did something Sam2kb instructed me to do in another post here http://forums.b2evolution.net//viewtopic.php?p=101080#101080 (not saying it's his fault, he's just helping but I'm just defining eveyrthing I've done as it may assist. That's all that was done and now this new problem when the last one hasn't even been fixed yet).

So now my issues are the pruning (already deleted job and recreated several times before posting here), not receiving emails for comments and NOW site is looking crazy. *sigh* This is sheer madness.

IRONICALLY, I just saw that Sam replied to me so I'm not even getting THESE emails now. Insane.

6 Mar 20, 2010 17:19

Note to self : check this one as well (assuming I get login credentials ;) )

Form is loading...