Recent Topics

1 Mar 25, 2009 18:58    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Top menu is invisable but u can click those links.

why?

Im using IE6, Menu is visable.

But it is invisable on other computer. :?: :?:

i have test it on IE6 top menu shows, but IE7 shows invisable.? :?: :roll:

2 Mar 25, 2009 19:19

Got link? Because it'll be almost impossible for someone to just guess their way to a solution for a problem they can't see. Even though the problem is that it is invisible ... ;)

4 Mar 25, 2009 20:19

Okay part of the problem is with your code. http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gaoinstruments.com%2Fnews%2Findex.php&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&ss=1&group=0&verbose=1&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.606 - the first error listed is about the menu items not having LI inside your UL before you have an A tag. That might be part of it.

Looks like maybe you did that area with a Free HTML widget? If so put <li> before and >/li> after each of the three links. Not sure that'll fix it, but fixing your validation errors first makes a lot of sense.

After that you get a lot of errors for using <div id="news_template"> multiple times. That is not part of the problem, but isn't the right way to make a page. IDs can be used only once, so for a repeater you would want to use a CLASS instead. Then your stylesheet would say .news_template instead of #news_template.

Gotta run. The tax man is about to taketh...

5 Mar 25, 2009 20:55

i added <li></li>

now the green line shows. menu still invisable.

6 Mar 26, 2009 00:03

still invisable gosh~

7 Mar 26, 2009 00:18

Your problem is something to do with CSS. I haven't got to the bottom of it as I'm actually sorting out the CSS on something else right now. And it's a pain.

But I can confirm your top menu is present in IE7, but covered by another white element of the page. This does not happen in Firefox (I didn't test in IE6). You can confirm this by highlighting the menu choices and you can see them just under the green line.

So if you tweak your CSS and test with the two different browsers you should be able to sort this out.

8 Mar 26, 2009 01:36

thanks. i'll try tommorow

9 Mar 26, 2009 03:19

Try to remove the &nbsp;

<div class="top_menu">
	<ul>
	<li><a href="http://ww................
	</ul>
	&nbsp;
</div>

ps IE is crap, I don't see the Categories widget in IE6.

10 Mar 26, 2009 15:08

i cant get it fixed. why!

11 Mar 26, 2009 15:40

xjayq wrote:

i cant get it fixed. why!

um... because of something you have in your style sheet and code that is causing it to break in a reasonably okay browser?

I pulled a copy of your page and style sheet and stripped it to the bone without getting that problem corrected. Obviously there is a problem, but (sorry) it is a problem you created somehow. I suggest you go back more to the original layout of 'nifty corners' and be happy that it works in more browsers than your current method does. For example instead of using Free HTML widgets to put your text in the green areas be happy with the blog title and long description. It works in nifty_corners right? The line of links that is disappearing is nothing more than a blog list with contact & home, but it seems you manually created it instead of using the blog list widget (and the one that gives you contact & home).

It is very okay to completely customize everything, but when it doesn't work you do have to accept responsibility for the problem.

Best of luck with one of the oddest display problems of all time.

BTW if you remove "background-color: #fff;" from innerwrap the text shows up. But if you put it anywhere the text goes away. Very odd...

12 Mar 26, 2009 15:54

any other way instead of using free html for the link??

13 Mar 26, 2009 18:16

Cure your validation errors, specifically this one may help

<div style='font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-weight:bold; font-style:italic; font-size:11pt; color:#FFFFFF'>
			A Member of GAO Group - Celebrating 15 Years of Innovation
		</div></div></div>

To many </div>'s

¥

Form is loading...