Recent Topics

1 Mar 26, 2009 02:18    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I set up a blog for my family to use and added all of them as users. Today when I went to post on one of my blogs (not for the whole family) I discovered that they are added to that blog (and all my others) as well.

Do I need to set the group blog up totally differently? I did the settings under blog settings, not under global settings. Do I need to be a different user to make it separate from the blogs that are mine only?

I don't care who comments on any of my blogs, but except for the one blog, I don't want anyone else to be able to post.

Thank you.

2 Mar 26, 2009 03:17

Lemme guess: they're all in the same Group right? Probably the Group you're in? And you set up your permissions in each blog by Group?

If so that's the problem. The solution is to remove the Group permissions from the one blog you want to reserve for yourself, and use User permissions to let yourself into that blog. I think you might want to turn on your user perms before you turn off your group perms though, just in case turning off the group means you can't turn on the user ... because you don't have any permissions left ;)

3 Mar 26, 2009 04:02

Hmmm.... Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. They are all listed in one group and I'm listed as administrator.

Aha! Oh, thank you! I found it. I had to check something off somewhere and now I have a tab called user permissions. So I was just reading the list I saw wrong.

So I went in to the blog settings and made everyone a publisher, except myself (administrator).

Can I safely assume that if the user perms tab doesn't show, that I'm the only one who can post?

4 Mar 26, 2009 04:46

That'd be a reasonably fair assumption, BUT, if you make someone the owner of a blog then they're the only one who can post. (I think...)

You got the extra tabs for Group and User perms when you checked a box somewhere on blog settings for "Use advanced something". Which basically let's you do all kinds of stuff with who can do what in which blog, but it can get kinda confusing. I suggest you create a fake user (or use 'demouser' if you still have that one) and put this user in the group with all other bloggers. Then use a different browser, or log out of your admin account and into your test user account, to see what kinds of stuff they get to do.

It is *much* easier to see how it works than it is to try to simply learn it by reading is the thing.

5 Mar 26, 2009 09:47

Yup. That's what I did. I joined the group with a different user name and saw what I could do and not do.

Thank you for your help.

Form is loading...