Recent Topics

1 Apr 08, 2009 12:42    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'm running 2.4.6 on WAMP and have successfully created a blog. It displays fine, but whenever I try to save a post, I get a 500 error after waiting for about 30 seconds.

The post itself is actually saved - so I can view it on the front end of the blog no problem. However, I'm intending other users to post on this and other blogs in the same installation and I don't want to have to explain to them that this happens!

I've looked in the logs and although Apache's access log shows a 500 result for the page, nothing is recorded in the error log. I've tried modifying the _advanced config file to get debugging info, with no luck (although when I changed one of the settings I stopped getting the 500 error, just a blank page).

Because it is a blank page, I wondered if it might be a memory issue as others have mentioned, but the default on my version of PHP is 128M, surely enough? Just in case, I changed it to 256M (and also the b2evo recommended 32M), but no dice.

Can anyone offer any other suggestions?

Thanks

2 Apr 08, 2009 14:36

Just taking a guess here ... been a while since I used WAMP and have forgotten what little bit I know ... do you have any pinging plugins enabled? If so you might consider disabling or removing them and see if that removes all evil from the world for the rest of all time. Or at least gets you past this issue.

3 Apr 08, 2009 15:11

EdB wrote:

Just taking a guess here ... been a while since I used WAMP and have forgotten what little bit I know ... do you have any pinging plugins enabled? If so you might consider disabling or removing them and see if that removes all evil from the world for the rest of all time. Or at least gets you past this issue.

Nice one, thanks. I just had the default pinging plugins installed, and I turned them off in the setup process. However, I went into "Features" in "Global Settings" and changed Outbound ping notifications to "Off", and now it works like a dream.

Form is loading...