Recent Topics

1 May 12, 2009 20:27    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

We moved our installation from an Apache server to an IIS server (no choice, it was a bandwidth issue). Since then we've been getting the infamous CGI error:
"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers."

We were getting this error every time someone tried to save a post. I found a code adjustment here in the forums that has solved the problem there. However, we're still getting it when going to the archive and category pages. Is there another code fix for the errors on those pages?

Here's one of our blogs if you want to see for yourself: http://blogs.sltrib.com/b2evolution/index.php?blog=10

We're using the latest 2.x install.

2 May 13, 2009 12:47

tivogirl wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

We moved our installation from an Apache server to an IIS server (no choice, it was a bandwidth issue).

hummm ...you mean, you moved/migrated your b2evolution installation from an GNU/Linux platform running Apache web server to an Windows platform running the IIS web server?

Please realize that the Apache web server, not being proprietary software like IIS, has been ported to Windows, among other operating systems like OS/2. You appear to imply that IIS is not properly configured. Let me ask you, have tried or asked your host to install Apache under your Windows platform?

MS is taking pains to make sure that Windows, Apache, MySQL, and PHP (WAMP), is as well supported as Windows, IIS, MySQL, and PHP (WIMP); WAMP open source stack (required for b2evolution) is more widely used to serve/deliver content in the Web than any other competing alternatives.

My suggestion: install Apache in your Windows proprietary environment --or ask your hosting provider to perform that action for you.

If your hosting provider does not want to do it, you may want to consider alternative providers; or even shop for an hosting provider offering virtual private server (VPS) with an adequate bandwidth allocation. This latter option will yield the most flexibility since it is the equivalent of an dedicated server at the fraction of the cost.

tivogirl wrote:

Since then we've been getting the infamous CGI error:
"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers."
[...]

You may also analyze the former Apache configuration file (that I assume did not exhibit issues or errors) to determine appropriate values/modifications for your new environment that you migrated to.

Good luck!

3 May 13, 2009 17:25

Unfortunately we don't have root control, so we're reliant on those who do to make some basic changes for us. We did find the fastCGI component addition to IIS may solve the problem, so we're waiting for them to add that for us.

In the meantime, we've found that changing the url structure fixes the links. It's not SEO friendly, but readers can at least access the single posts, archives and categories now.

Form is loading...