Recent Topics

1 May 18, 2009 22:24    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I don't know if this is to be blamed on my hosting company or some error in b2evolution but from some time back, everytime I try to add a picture (or any file) to a post, the opening file page gives me an Internal Server Error. Any idea?

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@literanova.eduardocasanova.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
WebServerX Server at literanova.eduardocasanova.com Port 80

2 May 19, 2009 07:47

Do you use b2evo file manager or the Quick upload plugin?

3 May 19, 2009 10:16

gcasanova wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I don't know if this is to be blamed on my hosting company or some error in b2evolution but from some time back, everytime I try to add a picture (or any file) to a post, the opening file page gives me an Internal Server Error. Any idea?

I would upload your current version of be2evo (or beta version 3.x?), create a test database and install in an different folder than that your current blog is installed.

That way you would realize if your hosting provider that manages your server instance is at fault --that is, if your new install behaves the same as your current problematic b2evo instance.

In shared hosting scenarios, an peer of those 1000+ crammed in there may be full of curiosity, for good or bad reasons, and might have caused an issue that has escaped the attention of the administrators.

On the other hand, if the newly installed b2evo performs adequate, then you can focus on troubleshooting your current (old) b2evo instance.

Regards.

4 May 20, 2009 03:25

sam2kb:

I use the b2evo file manager

nanahuatl:

I will try your suggestion if nobody comes with an easier and quicker solution.

5 May 20, 2009 03:33

It might be the filesize limit or post request limit or permissions problem.

Did you check it?

6 May 20, 2009 17:35

It might be the filesize limit or post request limit or permissions problem.

Maximum upload filesize: is set to 10000 kb; where do I check post request limit? Default folder permissions: is set to 775, Default file permissions: is 664

7 May 20, 2009 17:50

Try enabling errors in /conf/_advanced.php

// Most of the time you'll want to see all errors, including notices:
// b2evo should run notice free! (plugins too!)
error_reporting( E_ALL );

// To help debugging severe errors, you'll probably want PHP to display the errors on screen.
// In this case, uncomment the following line:
ini_set( 'display_errors', 'on' );

It might spit summat helpful out ... if yer lucky ;)

¥

8 May 21, 2009 01:33

¥åßßå

Changed the file as suggested with no luck:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@literanova.eduardocasanova.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
WebServerX Server at literanova.eduardocasanova.com Port 80

The hosting company wrote saying they changed some permissions, and that the problem should be gone, but it isn't.

9 May 27, 2009 00:26

Any fresh Ideas? Nothing has worked till now...

HELP! HELP! HELP!

10 May 27, 2009 00:34

Can you PM me your b2evo & FTP login/pass

11 Dec 10, 2009 05:46

Another thing that can give an odd internal server error like that is when PHP runs out of memory. What does the b2evo systems check page report as the PHP memory limit?

12 Dec 11, 2009 17:42

fplanque,

Thanks for your reply, this is what systems check page says:

PHP version 5.2.9
PHP register_globals Apagado
PHP allow_url_include Apagado
PHP allow_url_fopen Apagado
PHP Magic Quotes Apagado
PHP upload_max_filesize 2M
PHP post_max_size 8M
PHP memory_limit 128M
PHP mbstring extension Loaded
PHP XML extension Loaded

Apagado = OFF

13 Dec 11, 2009 18:57

Hum, 128 M should be more than enough.

At this point I believe you should try asking the admins of the server to give you more information about the error. (They must be able to find info in the log files)

14 Dec 11, 2009 19:20

Not sure, but I think it was a permissions problem

Form is loading...