Recent Topics

1 Jun 05, 2009 23:39    

I am trying to make a static type of front page on one of my blogs.
I have created a "page", but it will not show in the blog1.php page. Does anyone know why?

thanks

2 Jun 11, 2009 21:35

Sorry, I do not understand what you want to do.

3 Jun 11, 2009 23:00

Hi cassiedesigns. Welcome to the forums! Wanna know what happens a lot when people ask questions? We answer with more questions. Its our way of saying "Hi cassiedesigns. Welcome to the forums!".

So ... tell me more! Do you want this "seems static" content to change based on visitor clickiness, or will their clicking take them elsewhere in your web? If so what you are trying to do can be quite easy, but not by using "page type" posts. Those get handled differently than "regular type" posts, and what you want (assuming I understand correctly) is to have the same thing show up no matter what you've blogged recently when people visit.

Oh and yeah I know why, to answer your question. It is because page-types are handled differently than regular posts ;) page-type is for stuff like "about me" pages. Not a blog post, but created like a blog post. They will be listed in your sidebar or header or footer if you put the widget there and will not show up in the chronological list of posts.

Back to what to do: assuming you always want the content on domain.com/blog1.php to be the same, make only one post in that blog - a regular type post with the info you want - and there you go! You can then use widgets to get people navigating around. Like a "blog list" for high level navigation, or a "post list" where you select different blog IDs even though you are putting it on blog 1 so that folks can see post titles.

4 Jun 11, 2009 23:27

I actually figured out a great way to do this and so far it seems to be working.
Thanks for the welcome. I am actually getting to know b2evolution quite well and and absolutely in love with it.

this is one i will always recommend to my clients. I am sure this is much more for me to learn about the back end and the code and maybe soon I will feel comfortable enough to start creating my own plugins. There are a few things I would love to see available that I can't seem to find yet so keep an eye out, I may appear again some day.

5 Jun 12, 2009 02:31

So how did you get 'er done?

6 Jun 17, 2009 18:13

I'm interested too in how you did the trick...

7 Jun 18, 2009 02:52

I got this feeling cassiedesigns isn't going to bother answering. Something to keep in mind next time cassiedesigns needs some help with something a client is paying for eh?

8 Jun 18, 2009 10:53

ack. I'd really prefer to know the trick instead of spending hours to find out myself. Well, now at least I know it's possible, so this all too often frustrating part of the job is done...

9 Jun 18, 2009 14:23

1) create a post type "page"
2) change your menu link for blog## to the url of the page

¥

Form is loading...